Creating Menthollated Joints

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by 420fuchs, Apr 27, 2007.

1. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

PS, hiding joints in this thing beats the smell. tape a reciept to this thing, leave some joints in the container and if you get pulled over you can say you just bought it from the store. Easy way to hide some pot i figured id throw that in there

2. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

I think I'll try it out soemtime. I don't smoke ciggs so i don't know what smoking metholated products are like at all.

I love the taste and smell of good bud as it stands, but everything can be improved.

3. mortes

mortes Senior Member

I got some, 420, and I liked it. I may try mixing cloves in with the tobacco and mint next. It doesn't exactly give the same sensation as a newport, but its mint and not menthol. It is cooler and does make it taste better. Thanks man!

4. hamish...

hamish... Member

i dnt smoke fags usually just blunts but wen i had a joint with sum menthol baccy from a menthol fag it was horrible. blunts are much more enoyable

5. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

Glad to hear so many people are enjoying it ! I'm lovin it, and all my friends are starting to do it now too haha it's gettin around!

6. nesta

nesta Banned

menthol is different from mint leaves. mint leaves are a plant product and will produce a number of different compounds upon combustion, many of them (as with all plants) will be quite bad for you. menthol, on the other hand, is a chemical (C10H20O) which imparts the cigarattes with a minty flavor and a difference in the feeling on the throat. in addition to menthol, menthol cigarettes often contain other substances to affect the rate of burn, the "smoothness," and to affect absorbtion rates for nicotine (such as the use of ammonia in some way to enhance nicotine absorbtion, as brown and williamson is said to have done) even if menthol itself is safe to smoke, you're still smoking tobacco and there are also LOTS of other chemical additives, generally speaking.

you can buy mentholated rolling papers and use those if you want a menthol joint. adding mint or peppermint oil may give it a somewhat similar minty taste and affect the feeling of the smoke, but it wont be quite the same as a menthol joint. this explains the difference you folks noticed between a joint with mint leaves and a menthol cigarette. also seeing as mint leaves are made of complex organic matter (in the sense that it was once alive) they will produce a wider variety of chemical compounds when burned than menthol (a single chemical) will, so even assuming menthol itself isn't actually that bad on the lungs, mint leaves will not share this property. menthol is produced from the oils of mints, but i do not believe it is a naturally occuring chemical.

this is also not to suggest that adding a light touch of mint leaves to your joints is a bad or particularly dangerous idea; at least i dont suspect it of being much worse for you than smoking pot itself is. i would be up to try it, but personally would prefer a mixture of cannabis, chamomile and catnip or cannabis and coca over anything minty or with tobacco.

7. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

im gonna go out on a limb here, but Menthol anything is for Ni**ers bahah

8. nesta

nesta Banned

why censor yourself? if people are offended at your use of the word ****** its going to be because of the meaning of the word, not your spelling of it.

if you're going to say something just say it...people wont get less offended if they dont see all the letters there.

9. midnite702toker

midnite702toker Member

im with your friends, i think your an idiot.

10. midnite702toker

midnite702toker Member

actually the word we were looking for was nagger, someone who nags people

11. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

i've started enough shit around here lately, i was just pokin fun

12. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

hahahahaha

but yea those mint leaves taste delicious. i saw some other 100% leaves there for other flavors too so i might pick some of those up(like cinnamon)

13. nesta

nesta Banned

cinnamon bark is whats used, not leaves, so it would need to be ground finely and may be very bad on your respiratory system, much like clove. clove is a good additive if you aren't worried about health effects...just use the ball on the end of the clove, which snaps off easily. they are generally easy to pulverize between your fingers. the stemmy part of the clove still has flavor and should not be discarded, but simply saved for use as a spice in a normal way.

14. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

This also works AWESOME in a vaporizer, it tastes delicious