Creating Menthollated Joints

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by 420fuchs, Apr 27, 2007.

1. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

I had heard of people throwing mint leaves into a hookah, so I thought of buying some dried mint leaves and throwing them into a joint, a lot of my friends thought I was a fuckin idiot but all those friends changed their minds later on after they smoked them.

A friend of mine who smokes menthol ciggs said it was similar, but not as cool a smoke. But everyone agreed the joint was much less harsh, had a nice mint after taste, and miraculously, it burned slower then with just bud.

It had about 3/4 a gram of bud and the joint itself was 85% bud, and 15% mint. From now on, I am gonna always throw some mint into my joints.

[​IMG] <-- McCormick Mint Flakes, 100% Dried Mint Leaves

Health Info
    From GoAskAlice.com
    "Interestingly, intake of menthol is pretty safe. Animal studies indicate that high doses of menthol distributed over a long period of time do not cause observable organ toxicities. Even when burned, menthol doesn't produce carcinogens. Menthol ingestion from cigarettes is carried to the liver, where it is broken down into harmless chemicals that are then excreted from the body."

Anyone questions, comments?

2. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

I can say.... intruiging.
    But I can also say that I perfer the plain jane, she just tastes so good.

3. Born2Lose

Born2Lose Member

Yeah i sure love the taste of bud, just the way it is. :p

4. 420fuchs

Oh yeah bud does taste nice alone, but the mint is just amazing, it's such a nice little touch to the joint, and it slows the burn too =) I definitely recommend giving it a shot.

5. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

looks cool. now all i need is 100% dried mint leaves.

15% sounds a bit much though just for the taste. ill start out with 5% then 10%. and repost how it worked.

6. 420fuchs

Yeah dude, it's definitely enjoyable, experiment with it, lemme know what you think.

We're picking up an O tomorrow probably so we'll do plenty of experimenting with it, especially because everyone already tried it and likes it.

7. mortes

mortes Senior Member

Thanks man, you've given me something to steal from walmart. I like smoking mixes and can't wait to try this.

If you liked this as an alternate you may like adding a bit of cloves to the mix. They have an intriguing spicy taste. Ever heard of kreteks? Djarum cigarettes? They have clove in them and I enjoy the taste, if you've never had em you may wanna try em.

8. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

i love cloves those are the only tobacco product i like.

9. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

eh... i'm still on the fence.
    if i can find some, i'll give er a lil try.

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I've known from experience that putting a joint in a pack of menthol cigs will give the joint a menthol flavor... even if it was in there for like an hour or two... i've only found this out from carrying joints in cig packs... want doing it on purpose.. i actually hated when it happened

11. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i find this hard to believe.. any sort of smoke is gonna be somewhat carcinogenic

12. snoopdoggg

snoopdoggg Member

^^ uh is 420 talking bout menthol cigs cuz they have a shitload of carcinogens lol. more than regular cigs and they have fiberglass.... which is why i smoke newports :)

13. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

no.. he's talking about rolling mint with weed

14. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

haha what great coincedence. My flatmate has just dried some mint. No additives, no preservatives, no flavourings, just pure natural mint.
    I'm so putting some in next time I smoke up. See what it's like.

15. 420fuchs

Let us know how it works Taylor.

16. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

yeah man ive actually done this. Infact, i've smoked some plain mint joints and it's cooling sensation on your whole body is really great. This gives me an idea though- people complain about the harshness of salvia- maybe mix some mint in with that so it's easier to hold?

17. 420fuchs

You just blew my mind sHIP

18. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

yo man! thats crazy! i thought about doing that the other day and tried it out, and now I see some thread about it!
    id say go for it! it was good...it tastes like mint, mmmm

19. 420fuchs

Definitely man, I love it. I roll everything with mint, theres no reason not to, nice aftertaste, burns slower, cools the smoke, I love it.

20. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

well 420fuchs. i trust you so i picked up some mint leaves (exact same kind, i work at ye grocery store haha).

Let me say. good recomendation bro. fucking amazing