Creating a successful relationship

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by JB1124, Aug 19, 2021.

1. JB1124

JB1124 Visitor

I am getting discouraged and downright embarrassed when it comes to men lately.

I can’t figure out what it is, I’ve been blown off, stood up, friendzoned, used for sex, taken advantage of.

Heck at this point I don’t even need a boyfriend/husband. Just a guy I can trust and wants to be around me like I want to be around him!

Did I not get a memo?

What can I change?

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Try an old ( but horny) respectful gentleman such as myself!!:D

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  3. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

It is difficult these days . I hear horror stories about online dating with regards married men pretending to be single looking for sex outside their marriage . Catfishing .

I would go back to the old fashioned form of dating ie boy meets girl out at a bar .

Perhaps you have been unlucky and not found that guy yet who will take care of you and respect you

4. MidnightSea

MidnightSea Members

It's possible you're not fishing in ideal waters, so to speak. If you're meeting people who are putting themselves out there specifically for the purpose of finding a date, this kind of luck might be the norm. (I've done ok in that scenario before, but it takes really careful screening - may have to just talk to them for quite a while before you even agree to meet.)

What might prove more successful is meeting someone through a shared interest (and no, not THAT interest. That's for later.) I know it's hard, I know it feels like it takes forever. But meeting lots of people who have something in common with you seems to help in finding someone truly great. Think about how you met your best friend: probably not during a deliberate hunt for a best friend. Sucks to be frustrated like that, so I do hope you find somebody good really soon.

Old70#PA likes this.
  5. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Best advice I ever received was to stop obsessively searching for a mate, and focus instead on becoming the sort of person I would find attractive.
    Dating's a hard sell when you don't really like yourself; it's more obvious than you think, and folks have a strong tendency to take you at your word.

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Forget it..........................

[​IMG]

Bilby likes this.
  7. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

The problem is, they chose partners that needed to be MADE HAPPY. Choose someone who lives joyfully within themselves and happens to be in a relationship with you who feels the same way. Then if you grow apart, so be it, move on.

hotwater likes this.
  8. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, we don't know anything much about you so it's impossible at this point to suggest specific changes.

Creating a successful relationship is based on actions. Actions that represent love, respect, commitment, generosity, and trust. A vulnerable state to be entered with initial caution that gives way to comfort over the appropriate amount of time.

Some people seem to have the kind of mind to be serious and focus and communicate on what they want and need from a partner and match up appropriately. Some people just wanna have fun.

I'd say the biggest problem facing people today is that men don't want to be men and women don't want to be women.

People are deluded into thinking they have control (though obviously not so) and that there's no higher power, and therefore face avoidable struggles which are solvable by trusting in God's biblical precepts and working together toward His glory.

So, it's easy. But hard.

Old70#PA likes this.
  9. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Visitor

Don’t change anything there is nothing wrong with you. Just go out enjoy life and stop looking for a relationship or anything like that be yourself and have fun the right person will pop out of no where when you least expect it