Creatine (SP)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by DarkLunacy, May 11, 2004.

1. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

This is a body building supplement and I'm wondering how this affects your body in a negative way. A lot of my friends and now my brother are using it. I'm starting to worry about them

2. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

It's not negative the least bit. It's present naturally in your body, supplementation is for hardcore strength training, as it is the energy directly stored in the muscles.

3. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Creatine use is relatively common among professional athletes (Barry Bonds uses it). I've heard one drawback to creatine is cramping.

4. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Both of my older brothers used it in high school. They appeared to have no adverse reactions to it. Didn't have the resource of the internet back then though, so if i were you, i'd probably research it a bit, if only to calm your worries. :)

5. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Creatine is more safe than ex.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Spouse read that veggies should use creatine before a urinalysis... something to do wihe the acid/alkaline of urine?

7. people_lovr

people_lovr Member

Main thing i have heard about it is that you must keep well hydrated. I think a few deaths have been caused by taking too much, and drinking too little water(not sure about this though. it's just what my boyfriend told me).
    check out this website
    http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/creatine_side_effects.html#Creatine%20Information%2011
    hopefully that will tell you more
    also my boyfriend took it for awhile and twice while he was taking it he peed the bed.
    he has never done this normally. Not since he was a small child and he is now 27.
    Just thought you should know

peace ya'll

8. Josh-e

Josh-e Member

people_lovr has got it right. As far as I know Liver damage is associated with Creatine, I took it and was ok, you just need to drink alot of water if you don't it's harmfull