Crazy Horse

Discussion in 'Music' started by Floyd Soul, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

Anyone like em? I'm not talking about their stuff with Neil Young, I'm talking about their solo stuff.... I mean their debut album is up there with the best of Neil Young's work, it's fantastic!

2. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If there was no crazy horse, I don't think Neil would be the same... which is why his tour jacket usually only has Crazy Horse on it.

3. Floyd Soul

true true.... but have you ever heard there solo stuff?

The debut album has Nils Logfren, Jack Nitszche and Ry Cooder on it too.... you gotta get it man, I know you'd like it!

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I had no idea that they even recorded an album without Neil. :eek: I gotta get that.. Poncho taught me how to play guitar. :H

5. Orsino2

I've heard one song off of that. I remember that was before Poncho Sampedro. Ahahaha... Billy Talbot and his head bobbing.

6. Floyd Soul

It was before Poncho.... It's got Danny Whitten on it....he was some legend. Its fantastic stuff man! I reckon it would be hard to find stuff to download. You might only be able to find the album online unless you have a big record store nearby....

Otherwise I'll send you some songs over MSN.

7. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I can't download, nor do I have a big record store nearby. :p :(

What year was their debut released? I'd check allmusic, but alas, slow computer prevents that..

8. JungleFungus

JungleFungus Member

Umm... I thought the point of Crazy Horse was that they were supposed to suck. If they were good, Neil Young would've fired them.

Their drummer once did some kind of fancy shit- and Neil Young got pissed and threw something at him because he was trying to be too good. Neil Young doesn't work well with good musicians. That's why he ditched Crosby, Stills, and Nash.

9. Orsino2

Most successful garage band ever. :D

10. Floyd Soul

Well on this record, Billy says in the liner that they actually play good on it with all their licks and whatnot.... They sound better than with Neil Young on the technical side. Plus, Nils Logfren, Jack Nitschze and Danny Whitten were fantastic musicians....Nils still is.

It was released in 1971.