Craigslist

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Duncan, May 13, 2018.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I used to search for friends to meet with for a number of different reasons (other than sex). Craigslist was a valuable source. Am I the only one who is bummed by its disappearance? I don't know where else to turn!

Sandra Miller likes this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

some people actually use dating sites just to meet new friends. might be worth a try.

i never met anyone off craigslist myself. i actually didn't realize that there was an option for non-sexual meetups on there.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I've actually met a SO on Craigslist, and had a couple of legit dates as well. I was using a couple of other (paid) sites also. I'm kinda cheap though and was looking for a free alternative so I figured I'd give CL a try. I got an amazing number of dick pics though.

4. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

Yep, before they stopped it in 2016 due to misuse claims concerning prostitution, there were simply personals advertising the type of person you were and who you were hoping to meet. I emailed 39 men, got NO dic picks, met 4 men in person and ended up going out a bit with one after that. It was also a quick hookup site like tinder for straight, gay and other... where the dic pick reined. But everyone using the site knew that... (I'm here in town tonight only and wish to have NSA meeting with woman (man) between 20-40 who likes (blah blah) and looks like (Blah blah). Interested? Drop a line. Some left phone numbers... (in a hurry).... I didn't even post a picture. Didn't want men looking at my face making a decision and that turned out to be a good decision. One guy I did a few things with was attractive smart and funny and we were friends a few years. Plus it was free. A real boon. I paid good money for e harmony, a real bust and match and another and never got a single response. I did get refunds for two of the three I used, less than two months...but e harmony was real jerky. $100 I got no responses in 2 months and they couldnt refund me half my fee? So CL was a real loss to me. Was going to try it again but saw no more personals... Now I'm doing meetups.

5. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm guessing 'dick pics' aren't what you were after ?

6. OrleansWordsmith

No. Not my cup of tea. If I don't know you personally and have an interest in seeing your naked body parts, as in, dated you in the flesh, like you and have progressed to the physical stage, I have no interest in "parts" advertisements beforehand. If the entire person is not interesting, don't care what type of penis he has. Though I do admit a gargantuan penis would be amusing to SEE, I would have no practical use for it, except as an oddity to converse about and that is objectification and hardly seems fair....:)

7. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Try okcupid . I think it's one of the more respectable site options, whrre you can actually find friends. Stay off plenty of fish and tinder.

8. OrleansWordsmith

don't worry Rainy. Got the 411 on Tinder long ago. It's all about what starts an immediate fire... Now you're got me interested in plenty of fish, just for the title and lurid sound of it.... if it doesn't cost anything... Have heard OKCupid is decent. Match too. Many thanks...

9. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

I met my girlfriend on OK Cupid and we've been together about 7 years.

C/S,
    Rev J

10. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

When's the wedding? x_x I think you can submit okcupid success stories..
    My okcupid stories all end up in my comedy routines :D

Sandra Miller likes this.
  11. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

People are using missed connections for meet ups.

12. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

There is also at least in Australia supermarket notice boards, live auctions, garage sales aka yard sales. There are numerous buy, swap and sale groups on FB. Any message sent comes through market place messenger. Be very careful with Gumtree there are numerous scams on there.