Coyote/Cattle Dog Hybrid for Adoption

Discussion in 'For Sale or Trade' started by Smokin4Peace, May 23, 2007.

1. Smokin4Peace

Smokin4Peace Member

I rescue dogs from the shelter when they are unadoptable and try and find them new homes. This guy could not be adopted out at the pound because he is half coyote...he is very sweet, more information available and I can bring him to TN, KY, IN, OH, and MI...
    [​IMG]

2. schwahead

schwahead Senior Member

wow! what a pretty dog

3. cricketlind

cricketlind Member

Too bad I am in an apt that won't let me have a pet. He is gorgeous. I used to have a coyote/Scottie mix. Coy dogs are sweet. Very protective and gentle with children. But like wolf hybrids they can be a handful. You have to become part of the pack and you definitely must become the alpha. But they are well worth getting to know and hang with. I had to move and had to give Princess up. It broke my heart.

If anyone sees this please give the dog a home. But if you live in a small apt or in a city (unless you have a fenced in yard) it may be wiser to pass. Coy dogs DO make wonderful companions but they do need to run and roam. They are high energy animals. I am saying this from experience. I have owned Princess a coy dog and Pepper a chow/wolf-rottwieler mix. Though own is not exactly correct. I raised them from puppy hood and was a part of the pack for a while.

I hope he finds a decent loving home!

Peace, Cricket

4. Smokin4Peace

Smokin4Peace Member

Tanner found a home! He was adopted by a loving couple with another 6 month old ACD mix. REMEMBER if you ever need a dog I ALWAYS have cattle dogs up for adoption to loving homes. And thank you so much for your kind words and wisdom Cricket!