Cowgirl

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by Bhaskar, Jan 24, 2005.

1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

firebelle, dont take the health warnings he gives too seriously, humans evolved for eating meat. while it may raise the chance of these things happening, it is by a negligable amount. statistics found probably didnt take into account the fact that vegetarians are often more healthy in many ways, not just in their abstainging from meat. but in better lyfestlyes in general.

the choice to eat meat should be reliant on how much you believe you can make a difference by eating or not eating meat.

anyway, isnt the point of freerange chickens that they dont have cages? its not about having bigger cages.. or have we all been decieved? in which case it would be an increidbly large deception

2. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

eating cowgirls is okay,
    i do say, it is better than okay.

3. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

4. imaflake

imaflake Member

I tried to be a vegetarian once and still don't eat much meat but I stopped because there were no places I could go eat with my friends that had vegetarian dishes. I also wondered if, even when they claimed the food was vegetarian, it had been cooked in animal fat. I totally did not get the right message out of this one at first. I was reading it and longing to move back to Mississippi where I came from. It kinda made me sad.

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

that link was as you said, a look at free range and contained no objective examples, or evidence in fact of anything there being true.

find more sources, vegetarian

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

not that im denying its reality, but its a bad link to use to try and persuade convincingly

7. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

The reality of it, I have seen first hand. As for credible sources, you refuse to accept the perfectly credible medical research that I presented to you, in fact I am fairly certain you never even bothered to read it.

To truly understand the horror of the factory farm you have to be there, smell the death, smell the fear, hear the thousands of voices crying out in pain and despair. It is hard to empathise sitting at home smoking pot.

8. Firebelle

Firebelle Member

Wow, I'm bowing out of this one. I don't want to fight. Bhaskar, like I said, I have been there...I literally HAVE smelt the death, of pigs burning in incinerators, I HAVE heard the sound of animals dying. And yet I still eat meat. Can I ever be saved?

9. FreeBird1969

FreeBird1969 Fleas on their paws.

You've got skills, man. :)
    There was kind of a mixed message though...but otherwise good.

10. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

Saved? Nobody saves anyone. My beloved firebelle, the same divinity flows through you and through me and through the animals you eat and the plants I eat. When you see that divinity everywhere, who is to fight whom?

love,

Bhaskar

11. Firebelle

Firebelle Member

I thought this might be of interest...have you perchance stumbled across the very current documentary in America, 'Supersize Me'? If you haven't, then let me tell you it is about a man whose quest to prove how unhealthy McDonald's food is leads him to eating the tripe for a whole month, during which he must eat nothing else...and the toll such a diet takes on his body is truly shocking. I watched it last night at my University cinema; now all of my friends are pledging feelings of disgust towards the fastfood giant. And they are all considering becomeing vegetarian! If you haven't seen the film it might be of interest to you, it will only confirm what you have said but it could be interesting nonetheless.

Love you too,

Hannah