Covid in the UK

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by phil1965, Nov 25, 2020.

1. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

I am rapidly getting sick of all that is going on and also becoming convinced that the powers that be do not have any clue how to deal with the situation and only care about the wealthy.
    You cannot visit a sick relative, or have a drink with friends, or even have a decent wedding or funeral, but they are planning to allow football matches to be opened again, the reason, football matches make money, the other events don't.
    We can have a get together at Christmas, but we will probably have to pay for it with lockdowns in January.
    I can't go to Wales in my caravan, but I can fly abroad and people from abroad can come here, more spreading of disease!
    Britain is the laughing stock of Europe and possibly a lot of other places, we are an island, if we'd had a lockdown originally with borders closed, nothing in or out, then we'd have had a grip on this by now. we have a border created by the sea, people cannot just walk into the UK like they can into say France, Germany or Italy, we had the best chance and bungling Boris and his bunch of loony's blew it.
    Unless they are going to get properly serious, close borders, stop people entering or leaving the country we may as well just pack it all in and go back to normal and take our chances.

Mysteron likes this.
  2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And its taken you eight MONTHS to realise this ??? - amazing !!!

Mysteron likes this.
  3. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Just wait until we get the tiers announced tomorrow. .There will be tears I think :eek:

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

No, I believe in giving people a chance, well they've had loads of chances now and haven't got a clue, we need to get on with things now, too many people are losing out, and mostly they are those who can't afford it. I lost my job over it and that has cost me around £44K in a year so I'm well pissed off.

5. Vladimir Illich

I was pissed off when Cameron won the election back in 2010 and have remained so ever since. I know these scumbag 'nasty party' members of old and they never change - they're greedy, self-serving bastards that have not the slightest thought for those lower down the pecking order than themselves and their 'friends'.

phil1965 likes this.
  6. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Oh yes, everything the do is done one the 'old boy' network, "well you don't really have the experience for the job mate,but you went to the same school as me so the job is yours", it's all bollocks, a lot of people have been given contracts to supply goods or services, often at inflated prices, purely on the basis of their ralationship to a government minister, quite frankly the whole thing stinks.

7. Vladimir Illich

I couldn't agree more matey, but some people have very short memories and vote the bastards back in again !!!

phil1965 likes this.
  8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that common sense is finally starting to play a part in all this mess and in general things will get better.

To prevent unnecessary deaths, small regions need to be locked down with immediate affect the moment that their is a threat of health services being overwhelmed, rather than locking down vast areas on mixed and haphazard figures.
    If this was put in place, 90% of us would benefit.

9. Vladimir Illich

Common sense is in very short supply - in the past ten years we've had four General elections, and on each occasion have the stupid bastards elected members of the scumbag 'nasty party' to represent them, notwithstanding that it was that same scumbag 'nasty party' that has been responsible for the austerity, poverty and resultant deaths. They have proved time and time again their incompetence which has led to large numbers of deaths due to covid because they mmismanaged the supply of PPE masks and gowns.

10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I tend to agree with you on the last point, but I think that any ADDITIONAL deaths were more as a result of ignoring care homes than lack of PPE.

I hate to be the one to add fuel to your fire, but the austerity leading to the abolition of district surveyors (physical) and replacing them with a mountain of paperwork was without any doubt what led to that terrible Grenfel fire.
    As a chartered engineer who was responsible for the safety in numerous London theatres, I can assure you that I would have condemned the refurbishment of the building, as would any qualified surveyor.
    The 1,000 plus page report following the public enquiry has completely buried the truth, while allowing idiots to claim that sprinklers could have saved a single life.

11. Dracula69

Dracula69 Members

Same in America man.....sucks

phil1965 likes this.
  12. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

At least you-know-who's ass is out of there in a few months. I wish similar fortune for the Brits with their boob.

phil1965 likes this.