COVID-19

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Piobaire, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I was thinking of how much we miss our family and friends, the trad. music at the Folk School on Friday nights, a burrito at Anjeo's...and then considered why.
    As of today, at least 271,181 dead, 2,711,920 with long-term organ damage, and 2,430,000 grieving. A death every minute. A hard year for so many.
    Yes; I miss my family and friends terribly, but not nearly as much as those 2.4 million Americans do.

2. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

I don't believe in corona. I find it b*llshit.

3. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

You may change your mind once you have had it .

randomdude1983, wrat1 and mysticblu21 like this.
  4. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

That's because you're a drunk and a troll, trying to satisfy your pathetic need for attention by being a provocative asshole.

wrat1 likes this.
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

I was drunk yesterday. I am sober today.

And not believing in corona has nothing to do with seeking attention. Lol. And how am I an asshole now?

Yesterday I was an asshole because I said I tried to talk to girls when I was drunk.

Today I am an asshole because I said I didn't believe in corona.

For what will I be an asshole tomorrow? What is next?

6. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Friend of mine had to bury his dad a couple weeks ago. He died from covid.
    Another friend of mine they have to get hospice in for her mom now because she had Covid and is not recovering.

7. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

The friend of mine whose mom had it, her mom passed away this morning. They used to be neighbors.

8. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

It is very sad for anyone to lose their life to this virus.

granite45 likes this.
  9. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

my sister and my niece had it 2 months ago they had some of the symptoms they wasnt feeling good i had to drop them off at the hospital it broke my heart i couldnt be there they stayed in there for a while and sent them home with tylenol smh my niece recover sooner than my sister she took almost a month to recovered and still feel symptoms till this day that covid is real nothing to play with i seen it firsthand with my own family members and friends i feel so sad that anybody went through this virus and lost family and friends to covid my prayers go out to them

10. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

2 people I know had their corona test positive yet they did not feel anything. No feeling. They make test on little people. Most of Us had corona but we did not feel anything nor did we know about it since we didn't have test on us. Most of us had it without even knowing it.

11. Captain Scarlet

Going off my family it will affect badly one person in 10 .

Smokers need to be aware that they can be badly affected .

Someone I know he's a college lecturer . Same age as me, fit like me but he smokes . I bounced Corona off in a matter of a couple of days. It hospitalised him but he recovered well.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its weird how online people that are apathetic about it get met with a "yeah, well, I hope you get it and suffer, that will teach you" kind of response

Please help stop the spread and I'll be your friend, but if you dont help, I hope you get it and die

Weird

And not that there ever was a way to completely stop the spread anyway, only slow it down

wrat1 likes this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Where are you getting the 2.7 million organ damage figure from?

14. wrat1

wrat1 Members

I know several people who have had it a few have died, some others were pretty sick and still others not really sick at all... the long term effects of this are what is scary since its UNKNOWN,
    I know I would prefer NOT to catch it so wear a fucking mask and stay the fuck away

Mysteron and Piobaire like this.
  15. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  16. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

Today I met one more person whose corona test was positive yet he also didn't feel anything at all.

They test on little people. If they tested on everybody, a lot of us would show as positive yet we didn't feel anything.

Mysteron likes this.
  17. Captain Scarlet

The vast majority of people don't have any symptoms. This is the problem in the UK . until recently the young who are driving the Virus upwards cannot get tested as they don't have the symptoms and denied a test. Stupid I know .

The stats start rising steeply if you have any of the following factors , if your 75 or over ,underlying medical conditions and male .

The problem here as well, you may not be aware of an underlying medical condition and can suffer as a result.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, so you just saw a headline that said 20% of victims may suffer prolonged symptoms and then just divided the current number of cases by 5

I'm sure there are prolonged effects in a small numbers of cases, but if lung damage over 6 months was a thing, we would already know and we would be getting before and after shots en masse to help try get people to wear masks in much the same way you get it to try stop people smoking

And I am yet to see any kind of study, credible or not on myocarditis - again, we would have millions dropping dead from heart attacks around the world already if covid causing permanent heart muscle damage was a thing

Grandeur likes this.
  20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape