COVID-19.... 1 year later.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by WomenPower, Mar 22, 2021.

1. WomenPower

WomenPower Members

We have all lived with Covid for a year.... has it changed you in anyway??

2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

• I have been Single for a number of years now. - I shop as/when required -at a (quiet time of day) that suits me
    • My Social circle reduced through the years - My exercise of solo walking sees me still get 'out and about'.
    • I have a two bubbles, for which I take the approriate precautions for - Grandchildren childcare one day a week, and fortnightly visits to my Mother sees me able to interact
    • My capability to 'Work from Home' has seen me go from 3 days to 5 days - and therefore sees less travel = More time at home and less enviromental damage
    • I am able to focus on work (within a room based office that I can shut the bedroom door on) and separate one from the other
    I do realise that I am fortunate - that 'For me', my work/life balance has only improved, and I have embraced a different kind of - albeit a lone - independence and freedom

This being said, I am mindful that for others, this period has had an adverse effect.
    Isolation, lonliness and depression are easy words to say, but awful to actually go through
    - Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel, though in the meantime, one must do what one can in order to aid/assist/support those others at this time.
    IMO

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Sandra Miller and WomenPower like this.
  3. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

No. It hasn't. I rather continue to live life as normal as possible without having to worry. If it's my time. It's my time. There's nothing you can do to change that. Hey. RIP to those who all lost their lives to it. I had it. I have friends that had it. I have coworkers that had it. Thankfully they all survive.

Jmack likes this.
  4. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Spot on.

Sandra Miller and SaraSara like this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Nah... I've always been a hermit.

6. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Not much. I miss the occasional outing to places with lots of people to watch. It's unsettling to give other hikers such a wide berth out on the trails. I cut back on random trips to the supply stores and plan more deliberately. It's possible I would have taken a trip that just wasn't practical with covid, but no plans were interrupted. I still haven't gotten used to the mask and have forgotten to bring one going out. But it didn't affect me much overall. I don't think I ever caught it, and once I get the vaccine it's done and over with for me.

What's your own experience with it?

7. WomenPower

WomenPower Members

It hasn’t changed my life much other than not being able to go out to eat as restaurants were carry out only.... I did put off having a few procedures done as they weren’t emergency situations and I really didn’t feel comfortable going into the hospital. I have not been a mask wearer and only wear it in the 2 places that required it. But overall it hasn’t changed my life... I’m a home body by choice anyway.

8. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Do you mean change as a person OR change of behavior?
    as to behavior yes , we dont frequent restaurants anymore, avoid shopping on weekends, we were never very social to begin with but are even less now

9. Cello Song

Cello Song Members

My social network died. I made friends with my neighbors.
    My TV died. I stopped watching the news and thought more about the eternities.
    I also quit video games... and alcohol... and caffeine.
    I cancelled all my vacation plans and camped in my backyard. It's amazing the night sounds you miss inside a house. Nature never sleeps.
    I planted a vegetable garden and watched the deer eat it. I wove a fence and planted again.
    I got a bicycle and start riding again.
    I picked up Pete Seeger's book and learned a few chords.
    I started to juggle.
    I never want to return to an office.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  10. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I haven't had the covid vaccine yet, only because I seen my doctor a couple of months ago. Asked him and he told me since I had a history of blood clots, that he didn't recommend it at this time. Maybe he wanted a return visit, where he gives me the go ahead or what. I don't know. But I might be kind of a loner, and don't mind not going to the store and such. Still social distance around family. I may live the rest of my life like a hermit.