covered or uncovered during massage

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by hotredhead, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steveh

Steveh Members

We too have enjoyed nude massages at resorts - we're naked and so is the person massaging - I'm not quite sure they are licensed massage therapists, just folks that like to give and get massages. The four and six hand massages are great

NudistTed likes this.
  2. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

Most regular massages are for healthcare and completely non-sexual and therefore most therapists will always use towels. Towel draping is taught as one of the basic lessons in most massage courses. Most sexual massages are undraped, no towels for obvious reasons. As a masseur myself offering sexual massages I find it's what most people want. I've also worked in naturist spas and guests there don't want towels irrespective of the type of massage, although one easily learns through body language that a lot of the guests who "only want a relaxing massage" end up wanting a certain amount of sexual pleasure too.

Jc50hguy and NubbinsUp like this.
  3. Steveh

Steveh Members

yes, i try to give off certain signs while receiving a massage to let them know i'm wanting more than a massage

4. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

I always want a certain amount of sexual pleasure. But I also seek massage for the health benefits. I never drape myself and leave it up to the provider. The establishment I choose to receive a massage has no issues with my being uncovered. There are times the provider will cover me as part of the massage technique but the sheet doesn't cover me for very long. Having used LMT's in the past where I was draped from start to finish except for the body part the therapist was working on, I find the Asian operated massage parlors do as good, sometimes a better job.

5. theKen

theKen Members

I've been nude for every massage I've had. But have always been draped with at least a sheet. But since I've started thinking about trying nudism, I think I'd like to try a professional massage undraped. No sex stuff. Just an uncovered massage.

The problem is state law around here requires draping at all times. So I'm not sure where I would even go that is legit to be able to get an undraped massage.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  6. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Most states require licensed shops to drape or cover the midsection of the body. Some locations with regular customers will be a little flexible with it. But not much. Their license to operate is at stake. Plus any fines if they are found to be violating the law.

The location that I use ,when laying on my front they don't make a big deal about covering me. When I am on my back I am covered. Barely most of the times. I am there for a massage. Not for sexual activities. And personally I would be put off if it was suggested or offered.

NudistTed likes this.
  7. Never went anywhere for a massage.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2019
    NudistTed likes this.
  8. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As a couple of answers point out correctly, draping is often a requirement of licensing (the person, the establishment, or both), and it's part of the basic training massage therapists take on their way to licensing.

So what is the point of draping an otherwise nude person? It isn't to conceal any part of you from your massage therapist. If they care to look, or you care to show, every bit of you will be visible at one point or another, most notably when you are turning from face-down to face-up.

The main point of the drape is to maintain your privacy from others' eyes, should the massage therapist have to open the door to leave the room you are in, or if someone should come to the door of the room, and your massage therapist has to speak to that other person, who is likely a colleague or another client. In getting nude and having a single towel or other cloth over you, you are consenting for your massage therapist to see your body, and he or she is consenting to see much of you. However, simply by removing the cloth or asking that it be removed, you have not consented to have someone else standing outside the door see you, nor a colleague of your massage therapist's who may enter the room see you.

NudistTed likes this.
  9. We're you wet when they finished? Did you find relief when you were alone?

10. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

This is my experience too. I've had half a dozen massages one time the masseuse asked me to keep my underpants on but every other time it was left unsaid leaving the option of nudity but the instruction is always to get under the towel. They then uncover only the arm or leg they are working on or the torso down to the butt.

11. The older you are, the less you care what people think about what you are doing. I especially flirt with women more, the prettier they are, the more I crow. You know what crow means? That's what an old rooster does first thing in the morning. He does this to attract all the chickens.

12. nldn

nldn Senior Member

A long time since I had a massage but was naked on that occasion.

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

We have a table and I've always enjoyed giving and receiving massage, male and female, and I've always preferred full nudity with no draping, but defer to the desires of my massage partner.
    I've always thought the whole business of pretending like we are asexual Barbie & Ken dolls more than just a bit puritanical and hypocritical for people who espouse a holistic approach to health and wellness.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  14. Steveh

Steveh Members

Yep my wife has had four hand naked massages at the nudist resort we go too. She loved them

15. Nudegardner

Nudegardner Members

All the massages I have had were by professionals,in the vanilla world I wore a thong and was draped ,at camp totally nude and uncovered and the massage therapist was nude as well. Never got excited or horny.

She is pretty hot but a damn good massage therapist.

Alice in SC and NudistTed like this.
  16. Goander

Goander Members

I have always been nude and draped.

NudistTed likes this.
  17. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Today, I’ll take one either way! Been a good while since I’ve had one.

SaraSara and Candy Gal like this.
  18. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

OOH i SAY LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.