Coupla Bonaroo questions.......

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by BmoreBroad, May 18, 2004.

1. BmoreBroad

BmoreBroad Member

1st of all i want to record a few shows but i have no equipment. What can i get thats a decent quality but affirdable? any pointers on recording?

Also, are there secadas in Tennessee? anyone around the east coast knows how terrible theyre getting this year, they would really be annoying at the Roo.

Finally, any last minute pointers for a firt time 'Rooer?

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I don't know anything about recording equipment...ask someone at Radio Shack. I do know that we get a plaque of cicadas in Nashville, probably Manchester, too. But, at least that means you don't have to pay $6 for a wimpy hot dog, if you ask HippieHillbilly how to fry the things up. :)

There's water there, but bring plenty of your own so you only have to use theirs as a last resort. It's clean and everything, but it has that special "pumping water in a cow field" taste. I wouldn't bother with shoes. They'll probably get stuck in the mud and you'll lose them. Wear your sunscreen!!! And remember to put it back on after you dance in the big mushroom fountain... :) Trust me.

If you don't have a lot of money to spend, you can bring some cool stuff and folks might trade with you. The most important this is to just be nice to everyone and don't ask the cops if you can pet their horses.

3. LMoffet1

LMoffet1 Member

hello, I'm from Knoxville, and I've been to bonnaroo for the past 2 years, and never even seen a cicada there. I wouldn't worry about it too much. In fact, bugs were never really an issue.. that I could remember anyway....:)

4. BmoreBroad

BmoreBroad Member

secadas only come out every 17 years
    do you have them in knoxville?

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I would never ask taping questions at Radio Shack.

get a decent DAT and patch your first shows. AFTER the show ask about equipment from the person who is calmest and seems the least uptight about problems. do not mistake wasted for happy.
    ask about battery shops (many folks will hand you a biz card from their fave), mics and good places for used gear.
    I would NOT reccomend taping for the first time at a first time fest.
    get in with a local band first to learn the gear.

6. BmoreBroad

BmoreBroad Member

i actually went to school for audio engineering/sound. but festival recording is at a smaller scale than i'm used to. i have no equipment personally and am wondering what devices most use (i'm thinking people are more advanced than i realize) as i've only worked w/ larger, expensive equipment at school.

7. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

yeah def bring stuff to trade and enuff cash to tide ya over till the whole thing is over, waiting in line at atms suck when your sweatin under the hot ass sun.................

another tip, bring baby wipes, if ya get all sweaty ya can wipe of with em and it feels pretty good and ya get a little cleaner HAHA

if you do tape and it comes out decent let me know i wold like copies of anything taped at the roo :D