Country singer killed by "prop" gun

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by unfocusedanakin, Mar 21, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

So why is a gun loaded if it's a "prop" and not intended to shoot at that time? First lesson in NRA certifications (that are not hard anyway) is always treat a gun as if it's loaded and don't load it unless you plan to shoot it.

If he has so many Bibles how did he miss the part about not killing? I guess he is one of those people who says "Jesus had a sword so guns are OK". He did not but still a sad story.

Country Singer Justin Carter Dead After Accidentally Shooting Himself on the Set of His Music Video

Rising country singer Justin Carter has died.

Carter was fatally shot with a gun that was being used as a prop on the set of a music video in Texas, according to ABC 13this link opens in a new tab. He was 35.

“He was a wonderful artist,” McClellan told the outlet. “He was the voice, he was the total package and we’re trying to keep his legend [alive].”

McClellan also spoke of her son’s kind heart. “He was a wonderful person, very loving and he loved our God very much,” she told Fox News.

“He had a Bible in his room, in the den, he had one in his truck. He gave to c
    harities.”

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He wins the Darwin Award.

Asmodean likes this.
  3. deleted

deleted Visitor

lots of people have died from blank guns. its not blank. its a powder charge it sometimes pushing out a wad of paper or plastic.. which isnt to dangerous at a distance unless to the eyes, but placing a blank gun to the temple and pulling the trigger .. might result in death..

I didnt read the story / just tossing my opinion..

4. unfocusedanakin

That is possible. At close range it does not take a bullet to kill.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh great now Steve Earle is going to make more anti gun songs you watch. :(

6. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Sounds like the storyline to a far-fetched cop tv show.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

His mother said “He had a Bible in his room, in the den, and he had one in his truck” ………

..............Must have pissed off the devil.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  8. Visexual

Visexual Member

Was it a blank? I couldn't find those details. If so, yes, folks don't know that a wad from a blank, at close range, is the same as a projectile. That reminds me of something similar. We had a Combat Controller shot by blanks, in a way. When you fire blank rounds through an M-16, the gas doesn't back up enough to continue firing automatic as well as with an actual cartridge. So, the military came up with an adaptor to reduce the size of the end of the barrel. Well, even that wasn't enough to fire a complete magazine so we would screw off the adaptor, find a small pebble, and put it inside and that seemed to work great. What we didn't consider is that, after numerous rounds, the pebble would be ground down enough to be fired out. Now talk about being stoned? LOL!

SouthPaw likes this.
  9. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

The story is sad. Isn't that how Bruce Lee's son died?

kushkush and Orison like this.
  10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes

11. morrow

morrow Visitor

I read a story the other day about a 4 year old shooting his little sister.. there will always be accidents where careless people are around.

12. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

You shoved rocks down the barrels of your rifles? I was just a lowly Paratrooper, but I just can’t....WHAT THE FUCK?

My first thought was “Marine” but your avatar looks Air Force. I expected more from you, Air Force.... :)

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Parents should be charged with negligence honestly , if not involuntary manslaughter. I think the legal system needs to take these matters very seriously in order to impresss upon parents the seriousness of keeping guns locked away around children

Lynnbrown likes this.
  14. deleted

deleted Visitor

blank charges for m16 rifles are tight compressed brass, fully enough power to eject the shell .. yes they jam. they jam just like they did in the NZ hoax. <that's why they dont want you sharing the video of it. opps did I let that out here.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

Many gun owning parents will say they have taught their kids about guns so there is no need to secure them. They will take offense to the nanny state demonizing the gun. They will say "it's just a tool".

This is my experience at least. It's a proud day when a 5 or 6 year old boy is given his first gun from dad.

I grew up with a boy whose father was killed by a home invader who also had a gun. He pulled out the same gun his dad tried to use a few times for me. If he was not lying dad told him where this gun was so he could use it. He was trusted to be safe. But he was 9 and the gun was cool to him.

I was very afraid of it. He said I was a "pussy" and that he was not. That has always stuck with me. It made sense to me. Of course I fear guns my dad does not have one I don't see them. He does not since the adults in his life said it was OK. Kids look to parents for how to behave. He was always told he knows best the gun can not hurt him he controls it. I was told to stay away from guns.

16. Visexual

Visexual Member

Back during that time period in the Air Force, we had no rules. Unlike the Army and Marines, we didn't even have to do PLF's. Of my 100 or so jumps, even with T-10's, I probably did standing landings 90% of the time. We'd show up at the plane a few minutes before takeoff and see you guys sitting on the flight line behind the plane with your cutes already on. We'd wait to put ours on a few minutes before the two minute warning. It was difficult for the Air Force to get guys who were already Air Traffic Controllers to volunteer for Combat Control so we could get away with anything. I remember seeing surprised looks on the ground crews when I'd land near them and do a standing landing. I did that on two Labor Day Leapfests at Bragg, one of which we came in second place, and also during Recon training at Geiger with the 2nd Force Recon Marines. Marines had the same rule for PLF's. And those practice M-16's weren't our personal weapons, so we didn't really care what happened to them. I only got out after seven years because the war had ended and, with a peace time military and no draft, the rules were bound to change.

SouthPaw likes this.
  17. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Yep, if we didn’t PLF it was an automatic Article-15. I didn’t have too many jumps where I thought I could have pulled one off though, it was always either pitch black or windy. I had a couple of the infamous feet-knee-face landings with MC1-1B chutes, they were unforgiving if you couldn’t turn into the wind. I preferred T10s.