Countdown To Parliament's Brexit Vote

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Tree, Dec 8, 2018.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I agree.
    We bought our family house in 1957 for £600, one year of my late fathers salary. It is now worth 2 million.
    When Jane and I got married in 1979, we spent £20, 000 on our house and it is now worth £900,000.
    The whole situation around London is crazy.
    A few years ago, an elderly lady died in what was described as the worst squalor that social services had ever seen. There was no gas or electricity in the house and after paying exorbitant amounts on council tax, she had no money left from her pension to buy food.
    She died with no family and her house went to the state. The 4 story house in Knightsbridge sold for 13 million and was converted into 8 luxury apartments.

BlackBillBlake likes this.
  2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

So your not happy when house prices rise and your not happy when they fall ?
    I can see why you voted remain as you need telling what you want !

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    I can see why people don't make sense to you. You don't want to get it.

Bill is obviously talking there about people who already bought a house in recent times and would be duped by decreased value in property while being stuck with an in comparison unreasonable high mortgage. He's not talking about himself there (quite clearly).

4. Rots in hell

That Happens all the time and is Absolutely nothing to do with Brexit
    From 2008 !
    Bank of England: 1.2million face negative equity as property slumps

And I didn't say People made no sense to me

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  5. Asmodean

Yes, you put it as if convo partners don't make sense when you don't like what they say. In fact, that's kind of what you're doing with that question to Bill as well.
    Anyone can read clearly what he means, but somehow you want to put it like you do, so you can make that sneer that he needs to be told what he want.
    It's because you don't have anything better.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

UK House prices were overinflated before Brexit

You were going to get a major correction Brexit or no Brexit

McFuddy and BlackBillBlake like this.
  7. Rots in hell

No I didnt ! show me where I said " People dont make sense " and its not kind of what I am doing with Bill
    Read what VG just posted thats what I was saying to Bill
    And then read my posts and stop trying to put words in my mouth

8. Asmodean

Sure, the housing market was fucked up before already. I'm sure Bill is aware of that too.

You're seriously in denial and only fooling yourself. The sneer at Bill for voting to stay is undeniable. As is the fact you told me I don't make sense just because you didn't like what i said. Everybody else got it. You really did say it. It's all you, mate!

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You are starting to sound like a girlfriend he just broke up with

10. Rots in hell

yes I did say YOU dont make sense and nothing here has changed my opinion
    OK if its all me then try not debate with me about it !

11. Rots in hell

A Girlfriend would ( I am sure ) be less hard work !
    Some Europeans seriously Believe we are trying to leave the Continent
    Its the EU we are trying to leave

12. Asmodean

Glad you admit you're not bringing much to the table here. Mainly attempts to make the people who disagree with you look silly and unsensible. And of course to repeat how proud you are for voting leave.

13. Rots in hell

Going for a Nice British pint Now so I wont be available To talk Stupid with you for a Bit ( and thats to Asmo not Everyone ) :weary:

14. Asmodean

It's not my style to tell fellow forummers to shut up (more like yours. Should tell you something), but i think its fair to point out if you only react to me to the extend of 'nuh-uh, i didn't do that' and 'you don't make sense, mate' without constructive remarks pertaining to the thread topic, you could just stop you know. Because as long as you are reacting to criticism in the way you do, I'm gonna point it out.

15. Rots in hell

Ha ha yeah I am a **** !

16. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I feel neither happiness or distress either way personally , as I don't own a house and don't intend doing so. But it affects the wider economy, so I'd rather things remain stable. I feel sorry too for young people who have no chance to get a place of their own in which to live. A basic thing, but beyond the capacity of our wondeful politicians to deliver over decades.

The housing market had been way over valued for years as VG pointed out above - the pre-brexit jitters has caused a fall, but no doubt a bigger one is coming. It's ordinary hard working families that will be hit.

It's a glaring example of the mess into which years of mis-goverment have got us. It's not the fault of Europe, but successive UK goverments since the 1980's.

17. BlackBillBlake

One thing I'd say Asmo - a lot of people are very emotional about this issue. Very over emotional in fact, and I think it's clouding people's minds and really, it's entirely non-productive of any kind of solution. Some of them are amost at the point of saying they voted to be worse off rather than change their minds on this right wing con job.

What worries me is that in the longer term, however this process goes, and I don't think it's by any means a forgone conclusion, this country is going to be left seriously divided, even more deeply than it was before, which IMO was bad enough. But what to do? To me it seems clear cut that leaving th EU is likely to cause about the worst possible damage we could inflict on an already seriously declining country, and it panders to a narrow minded, xenophobic and constipated view of the world. Others see it differently, and some would probably label me a 'leftie/traitor/enemy of the people/ nazi. All these insults have been hurled in recent days (not at me personally, but at campaigners inc. MPs) How this schism can be reconcilled I have no idea.

It was only a very slender majority who voted leave. But roughtly half vs, half the country. It doesn't bode well for the future.

Joshua Tree likes this.
  18. Rots in hell

Others see it Differently Is the truth Bill ! It doesn't make people bad it just means their aspirations are different

19. BlackBillBlake

I think we should all be free to express our views, I don't have any axe to grind with you personally.

20. Rots in hell

Glad to hear that Mate !