Could This Be The Start Of World War Three?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Boozercruiser, Feb 25, 2022.

?

Could This Be The Start Of World War Three?

1. YES

31.6%
  2. NO

31.6%
  3. PERHAPS

36.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Jees mate

Some of those are graphic .

This war is becoming hard to stomach

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Yes it is Captain.
    To tell you the truth when there are heartbreaking scenes in respect or all of this, and the plight of the refugees, I have to look away from my TV screen.
    And here is little ole me in the comfort of my home just trying to look on a little bit.

But we are helpless to help in the conflict of course, but surely someone (God if you are around) can kill this bastard.
    Someone.
    Anyone!

~Zen~ likes this.
  3. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

The fear is that if NATO gets involved, the fighting will escalate and spread to other regions, and if Putin finds himself losing, he may unleash nuclear weapons. The alternative is that Putin will be emboldened if he successfully takes over Ukraine and decides to move on to Poland or another former Soviet country. Since pretty much all those countries are members of NATO, NATO will at that point get involved and Putin will no doubt find himself with his back against the wall and unleash nuclear weapons.

Neither one of those are good options, but perhaps the best one and the one that will save lives is to get involved now. We're seeing genocide unfolding before our eyes. Of course, we saw that in Syria with Putin's destruction of Aleppo and other cities, yet nobody held a grudge about that, I guess since the people there weren't white Christians. Nor did he pay the price for annexing the Crimea peninsula in Ukraine.

It's time to put an end to Russian aggression. There will be a price to pay, but there will be greater costs the longer we wait.

Captain Scarlet and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Captain Scarlet and ~Zen~ like this.
  5. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

NATO should set up no-fly corridors to allow people to escape without fear of being murdered by Putin's psychopathic ground-attack aircraft bombing raids. Protect the corridors with fighter jets, and make them strictly defensive, but if they're attacked, respond with overwhelming force.

We can't allow this genocide to continue. Putin has demonstrated that his military is completely inept, they don't have the will for this fight against their own people, and they're realizing that they were lied to about the mission. Perhaps they'll see the light and turn on their commander rather than kill innocent women and children. If they continue down the path of genocide, they'll be remembered as cowards and pieces of shit. People will spit on their graves.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

MeAgain and Tyrsonswood like this.
  7. wrat1

wrat1 Members

8. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

So then my friends.
    When I started this thread I put a poll on asking if you guys thought could this be the start of World War Three/
    Up to now the voting is:

YES 4 Votes
    NO 4 Votes
    Perhaps 7 votes.

On that score 10 out of 14 people think at least perhaps there could be a World War Three out of this horror we see every day on our TV screens.
    I feel every single day with all that is going on pushes us towards World War Three just that little bit more.

The only time I have ever worried about the possibility of this was during the Cuba Crisis.
    Now I am worried even more in the light of all this.

Particularly when we have an absolute megalomaniac nutter of a leader ruling Russia.
    God help us!

Sorry to give a mention to religion in this, because that is a very emotive subject.
    BUT...
    I can’t help thinking.
    IF there is a God.
    Which I doubt.
    He sure ain’t helping those poor Children and Families being blown to smithereans as we speak!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    ~Zen~ likes this.
  9. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

Does he ever help anyone in trouble? Although he does spend a lot of time helping certain sports teams win (according to some people).

~Zen~ likes this.
  10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Pootin has a partner in his evil war-crime plans, Xi Jinping. Xi's plan in all of this is by far the greatest threat of this escalating to WW3. His plan is to use this opportunity to attack Taiwan. USA has little invested in Ukraine compared to Taiwan. Hopefully Pootin's troubles in Ukraine have given Xi second thoughts.

11. wrat1

wrat1 Members

The question may become will putin give up? when faced with being unable to control the situation to his liking or resort to nukes of one variety or another and if so what then?

12. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I wonder if Putin has power to launch nukes, without any one else approving. We are told it takes more than one person in USA, but who knows?

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

14. wrat1

wrat1 Members

15. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I guess he really does want an all-out nuclear war.... how sad.

For EVERYONE.

STOP THE MADNESS!

erofant, MeAgain and wrat1 like this.
  16. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Stop the madness indeed! The question remains but how?

17. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I changed my vote to yes, from maybe. Chilling.

18. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Pootin does not launch nukes himself. He gives orders to launch nukes. As of the cold war it did take two Russian men to active a launch. There is a story from the cold war of a launch command that turned out to be a false alarm. One of the two in control insisted on waiting, preventing WW3. As the story goes, not sure how real it was.

erofant and jimandjan like this.
  19. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

The Man Who Saved the World ~ Preview | Secrets of the Dead | PBS

wrat1 and MeAgain like this.
  20. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot