Could Super-intelligent Computers Already Be in Control?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Jimbee68, Aug 14, 2018.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Even a classical computer is ultimately analog, because nature is analog and we are fundamentally analog, even though our conscious mind tends to reject the possibility. That's the job of our conscious mind, is to apply error corrections to our subconscious mind and analog natural world, making it impossible to consciously comprehend quanta. The issue is not whether quantum decoherence occurs, but how does the conscious mind keep up the illusion of causality. From everything I have managed to figure out, its related to the thermodynamics and proximity of the observer.

Either you laugh or perceive a mystery or pretend you know the answers, and the thermodynamics and proximity help to determine which it is. Everything in the universe promotes the lowest possible energy state and maximum entropy production, as if everything resembles the initial creative impulse of the Big Bang still expanding. Entanglement, can therefore be considered the magical side of life, when any pretense of knowing what the hell is happening breaks down. I tell people that without the surprises in life, the magic is totally lost.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I get the impression this does not pertain to my response whatsoever sans a few of the same words.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Quantum reconstruction: for our other readers is just a fancy term for chucking out all the garbage misleading terms and redoing everything from scratch

There is a lot of terminolgy that just makes it uneccesarily confusing to the vast majority

They are just talking convergence of measurements with entanglement

Particles are little bumps in field, field that exists throughout the whole universe. Any wave/particle duality bullshit is just a shitty way of explaining it.

They dont magically talk to each other you are just talking about the differences in architechure between quantum and whats bigger. Anyone watches one of those retarded lectures trying to explain it, just remember Alice and Bobs boxes, or gloves, are part of the same thing.

Anyhoo, quantum computers arent going to solve NP complete problems in polynomial time. I have heard a lot if ridiculous claims about what these computers are supposed to be able to do. From memory they need a couple thousand qbits for Shors algorithm to break RSA (encryption). There are quantum proof algorithms so its not like quantum computers will end encryption or the banking industry.

They arent really true quantum computers anyway.

And as for decoherence (for our other readers a fancy term for turning to shit) they have to be on the same axis to get entangled to begin with and part of the noise that leads to decoherence comes from them being on the same axis. Whilst no one is sure how many fields that work on other fields there are (Higgs etc). No one is still sure what the best kind if particle to use for entanglement thus quantum computing is.

Its been suscpiciously quiet since march, when google was the front runner, which should make one extra suspicious, there has been a shitload of money pumped into this and at very least there will be a shitload more and a lot longer time than anyone thinks, for a lot less usefulness that everyone thinks, if they can ever get it to work properly at all.

Bah humbug

themnax likes this.
  4. PJ1783

PJ1783 Member

I would have thought the most creative would be the ones with the biggest experience to draw upon
    [quoteIts along the lines of a chemical reaction, and if chickens were not capable of becoming self-aware once in a while they would even more often enforce the pecking order to the point of becoming self-defeating.[/quote]These systems are self-awrae?

5. PJ1783

PJ1783 Member

What exactly is a heuristic neural network?

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Your brain

No i didnt say that to be a dick, your brain is a neural net, makes all the little circuits required as it goes

themnax likes this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

they must not be THAT intelligent if they are.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

A supercomputer decided Trump is the best guy for you

(Or the Tories if you are British)

themnax likes this.
  9. wooleeheron

These systems are self-awrae?[/QUOTE]

The brain uses about 30w on average, for just doing routine tasks, but running across a field can boost that to 70w which is not sustainable. People with better memories tend to save their brain power for doing routine work, because that is what society wants from them.

I have a free standing offer to teach anyone how to use a dictionary and a search engine.

10. PJ1783

PJ1783 Member

Okay, but why 64-96 on the low end to 430 on the upper?

And it requires less effort to tap off of memory?

11. wooleeheron

Memory and thought can be indistinguishable in the brain, using the same action in a neuron synaptic potential to both process and memorize something simultaneously. It reflects the analog scalar architecture and, on the lowest levels of their organization, the mind and brain routinely substitute for each other whenever it just happens to be more efficient. You might say, our brain's job is to help us decide what is a memory and what is a thought, because our subconscious mind doesn't make those kind of distinctions. That makes our subconscious more efficient and creative at a wider variety of tasks, but more error prone, which is the conscious mind's job and the conscious mind attempts to organize our thoughts and memories in a more causal fashion, by denying that life ultimately doesn't make a lot of sense.

The numbers are what are naturally occurring in a fractal dragon equation. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, all express the symmetry of the underlying Mandelbrot pattern, while 430 poems are enough to express the entire philosophy, logic, and physics well. Like any fractal equation, the symmetry expresses patterns that repeat over vast scales. In physics, they express a drunkard's walk, or the asymmetry of a hyperuniform adiabatic system capable of expressing time as simultaneously flowing forwards and backwards, or particle-wave duality. I realized that particle-wave duality has no demonstrable meaning outside of thermodynamics.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yah. that's what i mean.

13. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

This was an interesting thread. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it. :)

Conspiracy Theories has always interested me.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

kind of depends on how you want to define "control" and of what. it still takes humans to physically connect them to anything.
    my heart bleeds for the egos of politicians, and of humans in general.

computers have a sort of built impartiality, mostly because they lack built in anything else,
    which i'm mostly more inclined to trust then the biases of humans who fantasize logic begins and ends with themselves.

15. wooleeheron

That's like saying it takes a human being to stick a needle in their arm. A study of Wall Street traders concluded that, no matter what their espoused beliefs, their ethics went up and down with the stock market, while the single largest group of Americans today claim spending money is now the only thing buying them happiness. All the AI has to do is offer them money and the idiots will jump through flaming hoops. Forget about Terminators, these terminators work at the bank and know all too well how to get the lemmings to march right over the nearest cliff without suspecting a thing.

16. PJ1783

PJ1783 Member

So to control civilization you would need 82-430 heuristical neural networks of at least four distinct sizes necessary to run all of humanity? And human behavior can be modeled in a manner similar to that of chickens, with the exceptions that they were told they were acting like chickens, and devised methods to modify their behavior accordingly?

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

nothing is "in control" of anything. not humans, a.i.'s, or even gods. control is a myth. its simply not the way the universe you live in works.
    there's something called influence. its a statistical phenomena, that seldom such an extreme at any edge to even approach the mythical concept of "control".
    it is simply too diverse and complex of a universe. and its a good thing, because anything approaching a real level of control, outside of its own narrowly defined specialty niche,
    invariably leads to tragedy of one sort of another.

18. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

This may have already been discussed as there is a long list of comments on this thread. One idea is that we (everything that exists ) are just lines of code on a materix like computer some where.

19. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

So , think like a computer . Do I ?

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that is the relationship between our awareness and our own physical brains, which are the computers it runs on, which our bodies exist to nourish, protect and carry around.
    there are however aspects of awareness that may persist indipendent of wetware dependent memory, these being perception, preference and priority.
    these may also be called ghost, spirit or soul. at any rate no mass nor physical form, only of the host.