Could my girlfriend be pregnant?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by Chris92, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Chris92

Chris92 Member

So basically my girlfriend is two months overdue for her period. For the first year of our relationship we never used condoms, I would just pull out and all was fine. Now we use condoms all the time except for one time since her last period. She has taken 3 pregnancy tests over the course of 2 weeks, all long enough after her missed period. She also did all of these first thing in the morning. They were all negative. She is getting a blood test saturday. Her family seems convinced she is pregnant. All of my girl friends who have dealt with this say she's not. One didn't have her period for 3 months due to stress. What do you guys think?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well yeah, she could be. i wouldn't worry until the blood test confirms it though.

3. Chris92

Chris92 Member

I guess my question isn't if she could be, cause unfortunately she may be. I was wondering more if you guys think she is or not. She takes add medicine if that helps, and has been irregular by a few weeks in the past.

4. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

She may be, she may not be. What we think doesn't matter, you need to wait for the test.

I think you just want someone to tell you she isn't and it's all ok.

The fact is that some women don't register on those pee tests because they check for hormones, and we all produce different amounts. The blood test doesn't lie, though, and you'll have the answer soon.

Just try to occupy your mind until then. I know it's stressful.

5. learn2see

learn2see Member

If she isn't pregnant, that could mean bad news. Or it could just mean she's stressed out. Just stay cool until the blood test is back. You might want to decide what to do if you 2 do end up with a fetus. You never know when birth control will fail you.

6. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

Mmmhmmm I smell.......a baby

Piobaire likes this.
  7. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

There are many reasons why a girl could miss her period without being knocked up. Meds, stress, new diet, new workout, etc.

8. silk896

silk896 Member

But as Damon Runyon would say ....... the smart money's on the baby!

9. Chris92

Chris92 Member

She is not pregnant.

10. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Woohoo!

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

better luck next time..

12. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

Knew it!!!

13. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Your girlfriend's family just damaged the emotion trust between them and her by being so judgmental.

I bet there was some serious tension now between them. And the parents are going to brush it off and give a half shameful and half I did my parental duty apology to your gf. (Which defeats the purpose of an apology).

14. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

Or no apology at all.

15. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

I would like to point out that bad boys know how to leverage the situation here in their favor.

And so this is on the popular nice guys VS bad boy topics, but this is one of those hidden factors in a bad boy's favor that doesn't get mentioned a lot when the comparison comes up.

16. bungeman

bungeman Members

17. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

My wife had a similar scare in college. She made her lovers use condoms, but one either tore or slipped. She missed her next two periods and was frantic, not only because she might be pregnant, but also because she was almost engaged to me, not the guy who had sex with her. Anyway, her periods finally returned, and the doctor told her the missed ones could have been for a number of reasons, including terrible stress about the possibility of being pregnant.

18. jj07

jj07 Members

you married her anyway....

19. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Luck, will run out

20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You are so lucky! oh my gosh! :fearscream::innocent::hearteyecat::nomouth: :D