Could I be pregant?...help

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Cairo, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Cairo

Cairo Member

I'm really worried that I might be pregnant. I didn't have full sex, but his penis was pretty close to me and I can't be sure if it did enter me at all at some point. I took emergency contraception today, but am still really worried. What should I do? When could I do a pregnancy test or see a doctor?

2. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Did he come?

3. Cairo

Cairo Member

No, pretty sure he didn't. But there is still a small amount of sperm in pre-cum isn't there?

4. secret_agent_amanda

secret_agent_amanda Member

These threads are silly. Just take a pregnancy test.

There are some that work three days before your missed period.

5. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

These are not silly at all! Thinking you might be pregnant is a horrible thing and the more advice and support you can get the better!

Cairo - The best tests are on the day your period is due, if it is late, don't worry just take a test in about a week and then a few days later. You can always have a test done at the doctors to put your mind at rest.

6. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

cairo you and your boyfriend might be up shit creek. you don't know that pre-cum could have sperm? nothing gets me more pissed off then the amount of ignorance around sexuality! no these threads are not "silly." their tragic! semen is not sperm. semen is the fluid that transport sperm. semen may, or may not have sperm. IT IS NEVER WORTH TAKING THAT CHANCE PLAYING AROUND WITH PRE-CUM! are you pregant? i don't know. not too long ago consumers union tested over the counter preganacy tests. they very in quality. one brand was accurate only 30% of the time. the "best" one was only accurate 83% of the time! if i were female, i would be scared shitless of those types of test results! i agree with consumer union's recommendnation. over the counter preganacy tests can be usefull, but should never be a replacment for medical care. the test that physicans use are 99% accurate. where are you located? your post states london; is that the u.k.? i'm in the u.s.a. i don't know too much how the national health system works in the u.k., but preganacy is still preganacy wherever in the world wide. i hear that your scared shitless about you might be pregant. i wish i could take care of this for you, but i can't. all i can suggest is that you get medical attendition for this, whatever you do. i am really sorry that you had to learn this lesson the hard way. i wish you and your boyfriend the very best whatever you decide to do. please let us know how thing turn out for you.

7. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

They didn't even have sex, and she took the morning after pill. How could she be pregnant? There's like a 1 in 100 chance.

Even if there was pre-cum on him, how could it get inside her uterus without him sticking it in there or shooting in her?

8. secret_agent_amanda

secret_agent_amanda Member

Sweet buttercream jesus. People get defensive!

All I'm saying is that she either is, or she isn't. And If at 22 she doesn't know what to do about it, then she has bigger problems than a might-be pregnancy.

9. ladydragon282

ladydragon282 Member

Cairo, you did the best thing you could do at the time, you took immediate contraceptive action by taking the morning after pill. All you can do now, unfortunately, is wait, and be more careful. If this is something you aren't ready for, or just don't want at this time, then you should be taking steps before sex to prevent it, not just react to it, even though your reaction was right.

I think a little compassion might be called for, rather than an attack on her intelligence, don't you? People who want another person's opinion, or advice, should not have their topic dismissed because it is "silly". But, that is just my opinion.

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

with the EC, you are probably good.
    get some decent BC that works for you and your partner.
    as for the male not orgasming, or penetration, statistical pregnancies from those situations are small, but any pregnancy is a big deal if it might be you.

Cairo, relax, because the stress of worrying can wonk out your system.
    Also, find out if the EC, which is hormonal, might alter your cycle a bit, just so you know what to expect.
    if you are still worried in a few weeks, see about a blood test.

11. imaginepeace

imaginepeace Livin' the Dream

I know its scary hun. Far from silly because when your worried it can scare you into preg. symptoms.

taking EC was a really smart move, and its really effective. So im really sure you have nothing to worry about.

I choose to be on the pill, which is great for me. So maybe you should look into that. There is a method for everyone, and you should talk to your partner about it and figure out what works.

so just relax sweetie. Itll be ok.

12. *kushbaby*

*kushbaby* Member

ya i know it's like holy war in here bat man!
    but i've been there! it sucks ass! thing's will get better
    it's not going to kill you... however your parents may :)
    i know mine shit bricks for weeks when i told them i'd been pregnant!
    thank god i miscarried! i mean it was sad but for the best!
    good luck darling
    *kush*