Cough Syrup with Dxm and doxylamine succinate

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Swanie, May 18, 2008.

1. Swanie

Swanie Member

alright i couldnt find any cough syrup that had just dxm in it so i got the one with the least ammount of active ingredients
    this one per does has
    15 mg of DXM and
    6.5 mg of doxylamine succinate
    i figure a dicent trip would be 300 mg of DXM
    so 20 doeses
    thats also 130 mg of doxylamine succinate
    i know yall arnt stupid but i thought i would do the math on here lol
    i didnt think this would be dangerous but i just wanted to check with everyone
    would it be dangerous to take that much doxylamine succinate?

2. moomooman

moomooman Member

i dont think its too dangerous, but you might pass out if you dont get hyper from the dxm. and it is an anticholinergic like diphenhydramine so you dont want to take to much. im not sure on the dosage for its anticholinergic effects, but the dosages for its antihistamine and sedating effects are usually around half the dosage of what diphenhydramine would be for the same thing, so 130 mg of doxylamine could be enough to mess up your trip by bringing unwanted effects. but it could also make the trip better, who knows? ive never done the bottles with doxylamine in them, the night time coughs, or the cough plus antihistamine, because of the same unsureness you had. do it and tell me what happens, or do half and see if you fell alright.

3. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

you will probably pass out or be extremely tired/out of it. i wouldn't fuck with it.

4. Swanie

Swanie Member

alright well i did it later at night when i could all asleep
    i didnt pass out but by the end of the tripin i was tired as hell and went to bed
    but it was fun
    felt more like being extreamly drunk more then tripping

5. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Yeah, 130mg of Doxylamine is a shitload of doxylamine.

6. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

thats prolly like 10-20 benadryls...and that shits WHACKED

7. krainaoz

krainaoz Member

a word of caution dxm and other similar substances may potentially harm you as the toxicity is high, be safe thats the most important thiing and balance what you get out of it with the possible side effects

peace!

8. iLucid

iLucid Guest

Doxylamine makes the shadows chase me. :(

9. The Mushroom Man

The Mushroom Man Member

Doxylamine is not in Benadryl. Benadryl is diphenhydramine, not Doxylamine. Try Robotussin gelcaps, they have 15 mgs of DXM in each cap. Be safe.

The Mushroom Man

10. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

The maximum amount of Doxylamine Succinate that is safe to consume is 40-50mg. be careful dude...

11. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

well at 50mg you'll start to hallucinate. Similar to Diphendydramine. I know someone who regularly takes 75mg. Yeah, but 25mg is good.......for sleeping.....

12. insanoflex64

insanoflex64 Guest

i drink that stuff sometimes when i want to trip a little before bed, like after an hour it hits you, you feel nice from the DXM for an hour or two, then the doxylamine hits you and you sleep like a baby. But I am addicted to antihistamines for sleep anyway. Ive taken 150mg of unisom on MANY occasions with no ill effects, but usually i use 50-75 mgs of diphenhydramine or doxylamine a night. Id say that even drinking 2 bottles of that shit aint gonna hurt you. Hell, i know ive done 15oz of it b4.

13. jackkerouac

jackkerouac Members

I just bought tussin dm max 118ml, 30mg of dxm and 12.5 of doxylamine. This would be equivalent to 300mg of dxm and 125mg doxylamine. I'm just wondering if it's safe for me to down the bottle or someone to give me an appropriate dose to trip, seeing as how I've never had the two before but have taken lots of codeine in the past, T3's mostly.