Corpse Bride!!!

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Anit-X, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Anit-X

Anit-X Member

2. Therefore...

Therefore... Antidentite

I'm definitely looking forward to this movie. It's going to be fucking sweet!

3. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I certainly cannot wait for it!

4. Anit-X

Anit-X Member

See, I knew I wasn't the only one. LOL!!! It's gonna be super awesome!!! Glad you guys stopped by.

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

definently gonna be awesome

6. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

hell yes, man, i'm countin down the days!!!!

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

reahlly?
    how many days is it...?
    is it different in the US do you think?

8. gelflingwings

gelflingwings Member

I want to see it

9. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i don't think so, i saw on a preview it's September 16th in "select cities" That's probably only in the states, but it opens everywhere else September 26th!!! YEAAAAAH!

10. TheLizardQueen

TheLizardQueen horny for knowledge

i don't know if it's my type of movie, but I know every emo/goth/punk kid in my school is going to see it.

11. FallenDreamer

FallenDreamer Member

I can't wait to see this. Tim Burton is a genius and Depp can do no wrong.

12. Sapphire

Sapphire Member

I'm sooo looking forward to see this movie!
    Burton and Depp are a movie-match made in heaven :)

13. Anit-X

Anit-X Member

Oh hell yea. This movie is gonna rock every kid's sock off. Off course all the kids who are "emo, punk,goth, etc." whatever the hell you wana call them are gonna go but thats just because it's gonna be an awesome move. LOL!!! That had absoultely nothing to do with it but seriously, everyone should give it a chance at least. Oh and it's not the 26th chicka, it's the 23rd everywhere else in the state. Well, at least here in Texas it is. :) Either way, it comes out soon. So get ready. You can never get enough Burton and Johnny Depp!!!!

14. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I'm definitely going to go see it asap.. Tim Burton rules!!!!!!!

15. mazzy

mazzy Member

if its half as good as nightmare before christmas it will be brilliant, two burton/depp films in one year...now that's good stuff

16. mascotucorazon956

mascotucorazon956 Member

i hated it the first time when it was that quasi-queer opera called the night before x-mas. and i'm betting it will sell since its for kids and passively social depressed teens. i'm not real fond of anything TRYING to express an aspect of "goth". i preferred straight up, gut shankin horror since a child and am forced to think of myself as better than emo, punk or whatever similar people. if you have hate in your heart let it out, if its sadness, at least attempt acheiving happiness instead of acting like a lil bitch. :eek: oh! but really, this movie seems no different from tims other peice in style character and claymation. whats with the whole concept of glorifying the static impeding love anyway? or putting off a hardcore image when ur heart pumps kool aid. its cool to be sadistic, but love is love and should not be tainted with such irrevelant nonsense. a lil lesson for u youngsterz. i'ma go to sleep, latuhz:X

17. Anit-X

Anit-X Member

Well honestly, Burton didn't just come up with this story, it's an old folktale that took place in russia. It wasn't made for the little "emo, goth, punk" kids, or whatever you wanna call them. Burton has always made his movies twisted like but not scarey. Thats how he makes his movies. Thats cool if you think your better then any of the lables out there. No one singled you out as any particular thing. No body forces you to watch his movies, and it shouldn't even be that that your dissing. Unless you can come up with something way better and put it together then major props for you. But until then, there seriously is no point in getting angry at a movie that you clearly aren't interasted in. This thread wasn't made for people to diss the movie. IT was made for people to express their appreciation for it. I honestly dont see your "lil lesson" here. Other then the fact that you wanna bitch about a FUCKING KID MOVIE!!! If you actually read what it was about then you would of known that. The only person who made an ass out of themselves is you. Your trying criticize a movie like you expect it to be and ACTUAL HORROR MOVIE!! WTF??? Seriously, if anyone needs the lesson, it clearly is you!

18. Biida

Biida Member

It looks like it'll be a fun movie. And I get a kick out of most of Tim Burton's movies anyway. :3 So, I'll probably see it when it comes out.

19. mascotucorazon956

mascotucorazon956 Member

all threads are here to express our opinions bitch. back up burton if you want, but his movies arent "twisted" as much as b-movie horror flix is all i gotta say. and whos angry retard, clearly you for highlighting words and the excessive exclamation marx, getting all emotional n shit. edward scissorhads was cool though, but fuck u for gettin in my face bout an opinion. :eek: oohhhh!!
    san antonio eh? hit me up when ur jets cool babycakes :H

whatever - nevermind

20. PLyTheMan

PLyTheMan Senior Member

I'm anxious for the Corpse Bride to see if Burton still has it. Lately I haven't been as impressed with his movies. Big Fish and Charlie were good, dont get me wrong, but they didn't have the usual edge that Burton's earlier films had. Maybe because he was trying to do something other than his somewhat dark style with the other movies, I dunno. But we'll see if he can stay on Par with Nightmare, Scissor Hands, Beetlejuice, et all.

If you go to his movies expecting horro and gore or anything extreme, you're going to be disappointed. His movies are really more about the art, than anything else. Burton has a lot of dark yet playful ideas that set for very moody atmospheres and entertaining plots.