cops in L.A. shooting peaceful demonstrators!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Scholar_Warrior, May 3, 2007.

1. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

2. sentient

sentient Senior Member

shit I see what you mean - fuckin hell !!!!

they should have overpowered them cops and kicked their teeth down their throats and fuckin beat the crap outav em the fuckers -

However they are illegal aliens protesting and shouldnt therefore legitimately protest there

why fuckin back off - they wont kill too many and a crowd that big could fucked em up ! - build barracades and fight !!!!!!!!!!

3. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

LAPD is under investigation for inappropriate use of force over this.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/03/immigration.melee.ap/index.html

sentient, as far as your comment about "well they're all illegal aliens so they shouldn't be protesting there"...i'm not even going to dignify that assumptive, racist drivel with a response.

4. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

I saw the film on the news, and to me it did look as though undue force was used. I saw some items thrown at the police but I don't think the camera man that was knocked down threw anything. And I wonder why the those that did the throwing weren't the only ones targeted. Northern Irish can tell you about the damage rubber bullets can do.

5. sentient

sentient Senior Member

Fuckin call me a racist you half baked peice of shit ??? anyone who fuckin bothered to read my posts would realise I NEVER say anything thats racist how is that racist. There are laws in the usa which state that those who have no status as legal citizens also have no right of petition except for their status and no legitimate right oif protest -
    I actually belong to several antifascist organisations and have helped illegal immigrants to successfully fight deportation -

my comment was about their legal status as protestors dumb fuck !! and the way that would have been percieved by the authorirties

6. kitty fabulous

it is both arrogant and racist for you to presume that everyone who protests in favor of immigrants rights is an illegal alien.

the immigrants' rights groups who staged the protest do have legal status, and therefore every constitutional right that you do.

curb your abusive language or i'm reporting you for personal attack.

7. sentient

sentient Senior Member

Im not even gonna dignify your last comments you are obviously some kind of paid troll

I notice you dont stick to the point which is - why have cops shooting at you when you can overpower them, take their guns and give em a good hard kicking till they dont wanna be cops no more ?

8. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

fucking LA. you can't go more than a block without some cop getting up your ass. and they're still in a huge panic over any group of people congregating EVER since the last round of riots. you get that many people crammed into one shitty hellhole of a place and bad things are bound to happen. they're either freakishly rich and flaunting it as conspicuously as possible, while spouting some charitable lip service (that NONE OF THEM FOLLOW THROUGH ON), or dirt poor and KNOWING no one gives a shit about how you live. smog coated cesspit of a place, LA.

9. gardener

I don't necessarily support the rights of illegal aliens, but I support all persons rights to free peaceful protest. And viewing the film a bunch of ill trained drones impinged upon them. Funny how it happened so close to the anniversary of Kent State. Those Police Cadets probably never heard of Kent State. We never seem to learn from our mistakes. They've switched to the rubber bullets of the British in Northern Ireland, but they still put the weapons in the hands of young hot heads that love to see violence. Rubber bullets can kill.

I have new respect for the Mexican imigrants in that they didn't resort to replying with violence. Perhaps we should allow them amensty, perhaps their citizenship and melding in the US would mitigate the mindless force used by those that are legal citizens.

10. egle

egle Member

this is crazy, how can this stuf stil happen,

11. kitty fabulous

why yes, sentient. you are absolutely correct, how did you know? the non-profit immigrants' rights groups that staged the protest which clearly must be only attended by illegal aliens have so much cash coming in from all the undocumented wages its people make living the high life as nannies and meat packers that they pay me to post on internet forums and point out racism.

as far as "sticking to the point', the OP made no mention of the necessity of violence, and to the best of my knowledge, he does not support violent action but peaceful protest. i believe it was you who brought up the idea of uncontrolled rioting as the golden answer to the injustice of police brutality. the answer to your question is that countering violence with more violence would simply cause the violence to escalate and result in unnecessary bloodshed when they start firing real bullets instead of rubber plugs, and that it would make the police look like victims instead of the thugs that they are.

12. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

i saw this on the news. abosolutly rediculus

13. kitty fabulous

LAPD are in deep trouble over this:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070504/ap_on_re_us/immigration_rally_clash

14. ashbury1500haight

ashbury1500haight Member

lets all kill some fuckin pigs man. slit some throats and cut off some dicks man shove some knives in the guts and make sure they never see another day...

15. kitty fabulous

that sounds like a brilliant, well thought-out plan. why don't you and sentient go do that. :rolleyes:

16. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Not even worth arguing.

17. Sylvian

Sylvian Member

Oh, the stupidity of man rides on...

18. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I think the ''protestors'' are as over the top as the police.

19. gardener

How so? I only saw one or two people throwing things, but I saw an entire contingent of police misbehaving. It's amazing that children weren't injured there were many present.

20. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Well i'm not going to argue that it was edited together to show more police ''violence'' than public provocation as i just do not know.
    It just seemed that it jumped from a fairly average march to the helicopter telling every one to go home.
    The police did not seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary - then it seems to cut to people running all over the place.
    looking at it a few times it just looked like a lot of the people commentating where a tad OTT pontificating about ''police states'' etc etc etc . Maybe it was my English sensibilities.

I think i might need to view it from a different perspective.