Copenhagen, Dk help needed! :)

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by Silbermond, Jun 10, 2006.

1. mad_scientist

mad_scientist Member

And an other thing that I always forget to ask:

once one of my Danish friends told me that I shouldn't use the word "tank" but "kampvogn" in Danish, because the word "tank" can offend some people. I still don't know what he thought of... do You have an idea?

Good night,

M_S

2. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

No. I think your danish friend is full of s.. - hrrrrhm, - fun! :D

"Tank" can also mean a gas-station if you don't pronounce it with a flat "a" - so probably it will cause some misunderstandings if you're talking about "a tank" in Denmark, but offend people? No... I see no reason why! :D

love,
    -wolf- ;)

3. wolf_at_door

Oh, by the way...
    I'll reply your second last post soon. That one was wonderful. :)
    Sorry, please have patience with me... ;)

4. mad_scientist

mad_scientist Member

Dear All,

it now seems that I am moving to Copenhagen soon.

If anyone knows a room to (sub)let for August in Copenhagen, then please drop me a PM.

Thanks in advance!

cheers,

mad_scientist

5. wolf_at_door

Permanently? :)

6. mad_scientist

mad_scientist Member

Hopefully, yes :)

I´ve had a job interview on friday, and I´ll spend this month in Copenhagen. The longer future depends on the result of the interwiev etc. :)

there are so many extremely cute girls here! Amazing!

7. mad_scientist

mad_scientist Member

Damn, this town is totally crowded! Seems to be impossible to get a room for August. Øresundskollegium and Bikuben are my last hope. Please cross fingers for me that they´ll have a guestroom to rent out...

8. wolf_at_door

Copenhagen is among the most expensive cities in the whole world. The rents are extreme. That's why I don't live there - despite the girls are sexy.

I wish you well - be glad if you find a small room in some suburb. I cross my fingers that you'll get something better - more central.

love,
    -wolf- :)

9. mad_scientist

mad_scientist Member

Hmmm it seems like a room in Copenhagen is between 2500-4000/month.

Are they really significantly cheaper in the countryside?

Fortunately I´ve already managed to find a room at least as a temporary accomodation.

Although I´ve been disgustingly bluffed with a job that I´ve just taken up a few days ago. I could write a good article about it if I wanted so - it could well cause two years in jail and a high fine for those bastards who have done it with me...

But, fortunately, now the whole thing is over so I try to forget it. Well, this is not the land of milk and honey as we all know :)

And there is still a good side in that whole shit: I got to know a very nice girl at that working place.

10. wolf_at_door

That's one funny thing about the renters-/homer-/homey- market in DK (or whatever it's called in english :D) - in the other larger "cities" in DK, such as Aarhus, Odense, Aalborg, Esbjerg - as well as the economic growing "triangle" of larger towns in south-east Jutland such as Horsens, Fredericia, Vejle, etc. you can't find a bloody room at 20 square meters for less than 2500 DKR = 350 euro. Often appartments with 2 rooms, own kitchen & own bathroom has the same price at these places. That's quite strange, actually...

Because when we're talking about appartments with 3 rooms, kitchen + bathroom, the prices differs alot between Copenhagen+Aarhus & Odense+Aalborg + other larger towns. I live in such an appartment with 3 rooms in Aalborg, 70 square-meters, only 3 kilometres from city - at bike it takes only 10 minutes (mainly becuse it's uphill with good view). Price = 2700 DKR = 360 euro at month! Would it have been in Copenhagen, same distance to Rådhuspladsen, and even without any city-panorama, the rent would be trible, if not even worse!!

I'm gonna stay here in Jutland. ;)

Where is your ad hoc residence located?

Do you want to tell me some more about that job? I'm curious.. ;)

Good move, my good moving man. Now, don't tell me that you're only friends, please.. ;)

love,
    -wolf-

11. mad_scientist

mad_scientist Member

Yes, I would definately like to tell it as soon as I will have some time to write! (Now I am sitting in a netcaffe at the Hovedbanegård and I am in quite a rush now.)

There are newer events as well since the last time I wrote about it, so the story is getting more and more exciting :)

thanks for Your answer!

m_s