Cop Steals Pot, Makes Brownies, Calls 911

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by TresBizzare420, May 11, 2007.

1. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) - A police officer in this Detroit suburb was allowed to resign after admitting he took marijuana from criminal suspects and, with his wife, baked it into brownies.

The department's decision not to prosecute former Cpl. Edward Sanchez left a bad taste in the mouth of at least one city official, who vowed to investigate.

"If you're a cop and you're arresting people and you're confiscating the marijuana and keeping it yourself, that's bad. That's real bad," City Councilman Doug Thomas told the Detroit Free Press for a story Thursday.

"That's like apprehending a bank robber and keeping some of the money for yourself."

The newspaper said Sanchez, who resigned last year, declined to comment Wednesday.

Police Cmdr. Jeff Geisinger left a phone message with a Detroit television station saying Sanchez resigned during an internal investigation. Geisinger did not return subsequent calls asking why Sanchez was not prosecuted.

The department's investigation began with a 911 call from Sanchez's home on April 21, 2006. On a 5-inute tape of the call, obtained by the Free Press under the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, Sanchez told an emergency dispatcher he thought he and his wife were overdosing on marijuana.

"I think we're dying," he said. "We made brownies and I think we're dead, I really do."

Sanchez later told police investigators that his wife took the marijuana out of his police vehicle while he was sleeping. In a subsequent interview, he admitted he got the marijuana out of the car himself, put it in the brownie mix and ate the brownies

Go to the website to hear the call.
    http://www.wxyz.com/content/onairlinks/seenon7/story.aspx?content_id=34c749cd-cb81-4dea-8461-babd2508b53b

2. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

Clearly this officer did not do his research on pot before making those brownies.

3. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

Thats pretty funny, he thought he was ODing. Fucking priceless.

I wish my friend would be like this officer confiscate me some shit but he wont.

4. doom876

doom876 Member

Heard you have to smoke sixtimes your body weight to od, that's od, like with pills that say 4 a day and you take 5, that is an od and not normally deadly. Well, ha to him, funny shit

5. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

hahahha listening to the phone conversation is so funny.

6. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Holy shit!
    I live in Dearborn, and have had my pipe and weed stolen by a cop before. They pulled me over wrote me a ticket for running a stop sign, searched my entire car(with out my consent) found a pipe and a dime of weed in my FUCKING trunk, and they took it and never wrote it on a ticket or charged me for any of it!

Damn i know exactly where hes calling from to!

"I think I'm dead I really think I am, Whats the score on the redwings game?"

7. Splosh

Splosh Member

haha what a fucking idiot.

8. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

lol this is priceless

9. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

haha im dying im dying. I bet he kept eating more cuz he had the munchies and forgot there was weed in them and kept getting baked n baked. ah I would love to see a cop freak out.

10. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

"time is going by really really really really slow"

"how much did you put in the brownies?" "about a 1/4 oz.i think it was laced"

then out of know where ...

"hey whats the score on the red wings game?"...."i dont know i dont watch the red wings game"..."oh okay i just wanted to make sure this wasn't a hallucination i was having"

hahahaha