cop cars

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by inbloom, May 17, 2004.

1. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

composite sketches and a burnt down clinic. the things people will do for publicity these days...
    i just don't want to see you make that mistake again. it doesn't follow with a very safe policy to be throwing
    hot knives at police officers. it's deadly, the way you look at me when you tell me you're not crazy. i swear
    sometimes i almost drop it, right then. right when your tale gets to the part where the gullible sidekick
    gets shoved out the car door in the middle of a high speed chase. don't you think those cop cars hit me?
    don't you think those cop cars hit me? don't you think those cop cars hit me? well the whirling red and
    blues blinded the suits to the body underneathe their burning rubber. thanks for that last shot at feeling
    companionship. don't you think those cop cars hit me?

2. osiris

osiris Senior Member

if all i had read was this line, i would have to swear this was about a relationship. lol.

" it's deadly, the way you look at me when you tell me you're not crazy."

i dig it. i can definitely see a mike patton influence, which is not bad at all. totally love faith no more! my favorite song by them is "the gentle art of making enemies." this somewhat has that flavor with a little more of a dazzled zeal.

much love :)

3. inbloom

wow, thanks for that huge compliment. i looooove faith no more. they are/were so amazing. "gentle art" is a great song. my favourite off that album would either be that one, "diggin the grave", "king for a day", "get out", "richochet." oh hell, i could go on forever! haha. thanks again. :)

peace

4. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

thats very cool, i also can see some lyricy thing to it.. i guess slightly.. incubus science album or again faith no more.

5. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

it's deadly, the way you look at me when you tell me you're not crazy

this line gives me shivers. i love it.
    me being the crazy one that looks at you tho. eeeshk! :rolleyes:

6. inbloom

hehe, you're not crazy hun. :)

and, i'm glad you liked that line. it was actually my least favourite line out of the whole poem.

for the record, i think i should state i was fairly drunk when i wrote it. :p

7. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

time out, you wrote that??? I dunno why, but i was under the impression that they were lyrics to some song....
    that's amazing. gaaaah you get cooler and cooler everyday....:rolleyes:
    i love it.

8. inbloom

awwww, you're too cute. thanks, hunnay. :)

9. inbloom

hey, thanks alot! i really appreciate it! :D

10. guardian_tnaos

guardian_tnaos Member

i liked the flow, but i didn't really understand what its trying to say. could you explain? is it some form of symbolism? just curious.

11. Rayeine

Rayeine Member

I really liked this. keep posting here, id love to read more of what you write.