Coon

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's funny how the word "coon" has taken on a completely different meaning in recent years. Whereas it used to be a perjoritve term used by mostly bigoted white people towards blacks, it is now used by blacks in reference to other blacks who are seen as sellouts to their own people because they don't revel in the victim mentality created mostly by the media and liberal politicians to keep blacks oppressed and enslaved.

The sad irony is that often the people who use this term are the ones who most likely fit the traditional "coon" stereotypes by emulating a toxic culture that was designed to keep black people down and segregated from the rest of the population.

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Why Start A New Thread...???..All Of This Is Currently Being Discussed In Machinist'sThread.

Cheers Glen.

3. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I'm calling conspiracy.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Snowflakes.

Btw: another great example how a word can take on a different meaning :-D

Except a big amount of the rest of the population digs big parts this toxic culture too. It's pretty much mainstream. Black or not, if you like it no problem. Happily the whigger trend is over (here at least), but the end result is not that the (gangsta) hip hop has proven to be a fad, targeted only at blacks that revel in their victimisation.

If you look at the 70s and roots reggae you will notice they play far more with the being victimized concept. Already before it got big by certain artists goin international and being picked up by the mainstream media or liberal crowd/politicians. In fact they focussed on such a mentality because they were oppressed and ignored by all that.
    Hmm, coincidence it emerged all on itself, but the US toxic subculture was designed to keep 'em down? ;)

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

PR, when you say the victim mentality was created to keep African-Americans oppressed and enslaved, what do you mean by that? I'm taking a class on Racial and Ethnic Group relations, and we're learning about a whole lot of oppression. It seems like African-Americans truly are victims of discrimination in a multitude of instances. Just wondering what your thoughts on this might be.

To me, it doesn't seem very liberal to want to keep someone down. It seems more likely that the past is inconvenient for many of our political congressmen and executives. Don't get me started on the judicial branch.

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Keeping people poor, struggling, and dependent on the system with a victimhood mentality is how certain politicians buy votes from these people.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

in the furry community its just another little fuzzy creature and we're all different.
    well i wish it were that simple, and most of us would like it to be.

i don't measure up and down by currency, but by gratification and happiness.
    anger and hatred are why there isn't a level playing field of opportunity for them.

it makes sense to me though, to avoid loaded terminology in contexts where they can be easily misconstrued,
    or used as excuses to see "other" as "negative".

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is also why so much is invested in keeping the automobile popular, the land privatised, rural enforcement of buiding codes, and border patrols.
    and pretty much the whole 'money is magic' mentality.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

OF COURSE black people have experienced oppression and continue to to this day -- albeit in more covert and insidious ways than in times past -- yet at the same time, blacks have more opportunities in America than in any other country on the planet. The media is constantly focused on race and instilling a victim mentality in black people, which is in fact one of the most contributing factors in keeping black people oppressed and impoverished while creating a divide between themselves and average white people who had nothing to do with what happened in the past.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

??

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i haven't heard anyone say coon in forever. except of course when referring to the animal.

themnax likes this.
  12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't know where you are anymore, PR, but here in the US, black people haven't been enslaved in quite some time.

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

So places like the UK and France have no opportunity for black people? France was so accepting of black Americans during WW2 they found it hard to come home. Why would the French hate them they are helping them? But in America they are "niggers". The western world in general has the same opportunity for black people. Maybe more so than America because everything is not about race and the tensions of slavery in Europe.

themnax and ZenKarma like this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Coons! Coons come on the porch at night time mamma just chases them off with a broom!

Mallyboppa and Meliai like this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My boy ain't playin for no coach coon!

16. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yeah it's kind of hard to keep up. All of my black friends are black. Oddly we have no problem discussing racial issues. They use the term n***er and they know who that refers to. The ones they call that are the same ones I understand. I'm their white friend. But used in loving ways. I love my black friends. We have much more in common than different. We have no problems talking to each other. They got me thru the Obama years, I'm getting them the Trump years...LOL

In my lifetime it has been colored, no black, no African American. Let's see what they come up with next month or so.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    ZenKarma likes this.
  17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

You're killing me, Petey

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You're cooking my grill coach!

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

My black friends gave me a “nigga pass” when I hung out with them. I would be the only white one in the group but they called me their nigga

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

I dont hear that word much any more, unless the prefix is RAC.

ZenKarma likes this.