Cool. Hi, I'm new

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Savannah, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Savannah

Savannah Member

Hi everyone,

I love this forum and have been looking forward to posting. I'm 48 years old and started young on the hippy scene way back when. I didn't get to attend Woodstock even though I wanted to. My mother did take us to see the movie when it came out, though, to make it up to us for not letting us take off for New York. I guess we were kind of young in retrospect.

I loved the music of that time and continue to listen to it all today. It is still the best music ever made, imho. However, I remember when the Woodstock album came out, my two older brothers, my sister and I were pretty wild and carefree, and I remember the day when we got on my poor father's last nerve.

He put our Woodstock album on our family stereo and played the place on the album where "Give me an F..." lives and then promptly snapped the set in half, trashing it. "This is the reason you kids act the way you do", he spouted, veins popping out of his neck and forehead. Poor dad, I feel bad that the times were freaking him out a lot.

Anyway, that's a little about me. I'm looking forward to conversing with you all!

peace,
    Savannah

2. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

hullo, hope you have fun here, welcome to hip forums...

3. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

ha ha ha that story makes me laugh

4. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

Welcome to the forums!:D

5. Savannah

Savannah Member

6. Savannah

Savannah Member

Thanks for the welcome. I laughed out loud at your save the trees signature!

peace,
    Savannah

7. Savannah

Savannah Member

I know. Looking back it was a pretty funny moment in our family history. My dad was not having a good time, though. My brothers and sisters and I were stunned that he killed our Woodstock album set. Bummer, man, as we said back then.

peace,
    Savannah

8. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

hello.welcome to hip forums

9. Savannah

Savannah Member

And thank you for the welcome!

peace,
    Savannah