cooking! recipes!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Allonym, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

okay, here are a few ideas

Dice a few potatoes, boil in water...while they boil...

Slice eggplant/zuchini
    Fry eggplant and zuchini in oilve oil/butter till golden brown

Lay eggplant down. cover it eggplant with tamtoe paste and/or pasta sauce

put zuchini on top. put feta on top of that

put diced patotoes on top of that. put a mix of chopped onions and meat or ground round (veggie version of ground beef) on top of that.

Beat 2-3 eggs

melt a few table spoons of butter and slowly add a few table spoons of flour....add in a cup of milke..than eggs, stir well till thick..add flour till very thick...than pour mixture on top of your layers...this should hold everything together...feel free to add mozerella/goat cheese on top

bake at 400 for a while

...yummy...

dice some...
    2 sweet potatoes
    1 mango
    1 large bell pepper
    1-2 onions
    1 - 1 1/2 tamatoes
    few cloves of garlic
    1 long hot chili pepper

heat up onions and garlic for a bit....
    add finally diced sweet potatoes, tamatoes, peppers and 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups of of water simmer on low for 15 minutes till potatoes are tender
    than add in mango, add in 1-2 pounds of black beans..wait five minutes..

add in some finally chopped cilantro, pinch of cummin, salt.

This one is my own...

finally diced tofu fried until brown, sprinkle garlic and chili powder.
    add in sliced colored peppers (yellow, orange, red), onions, mushrooms, tamatoes, finally diced patotoes (make sure they are very tender - I boil them in cinnamon.) and add carrots, again tender. than add in curry, cumin, pinch of corriander...organic hot pepper BBQ sauce, a bit of asian hot and sweet chili sauce, black pepper. stir and mash for a few minutes.

1/2 cup of rice is optional...but making some with indian spices/spicey spices and adding it to mixture is good too.

2. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

any type of pasta salad.

noodles
    diced tomatoes
    peas
    carrots
    italian dressing

whatever else you want to put in it

mix

serve

3. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

that sounds really yummy, shroom....i cannot believe i've never thought to mix pasta noodles with lettuce....

4. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I've got a few good recipes that everyone seems to like so here goes..

Butternut squash and red lentil soup is awesome and very easy to make. You don't even need to peel to butternut squash (learned that from Jamie Oliver :tongue: ) as it goes really soft when boiled. Just remove the seeds and cut it into chunks. Boil until soft. Add red lentils and boil for another 10 mins. If you like garlic, add some (or a lot like I do!). And then just blend it all together. Yumyum.

Tomato and red pepper soup is another favourite. Cut the tomatos in half and put them on a baking tray. Slice the peppers into strips and put them on the baking tray as well. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic and throw in some fresh basil leaves if you want. Roast in the oven until they look ready. Put them into a pot when ready, add some boiling water as needed and blend. Serve with chunks of mozzarella. Yummaaay.

Veggie lasagna is awesome too and you can't even tell it's missing meat. AND it looks lush with all the colours. I normally use courgettes (zucchini for you americans) and aubergine (eggplant), red, yellow and green bell peppers, broccoli, kidney beans or butter beans, and whatever else I feel like. Chop it all into chunks, put into a pot and cook for a bit, then add a few cans of chopped tomatos into it. Salt, pepper, lots and lots of garlic, basil if you want and some form of chili (hot sauce works well). Then you need a lasagna tray, butter it lightly so the food won't stick into it. Lasagna sheets in the bottom, a layer of the veggie mix sauce thingy, a layer of grated mozzarella, then lasagna sheets again, another layer of the veggie mix sauce thingy and on top lots of grated mozzarella. Put it in the oven for half an hour (about 180C) and voila, it's soooo good. My boyfriend loves it even though he's normally a meat-lover as well.

5. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

:drool: dear god those all sound amazingly delicious

6. secret_agent_amanda

secret_agent_amanda Member

***Easy veggie soup recipe***

-About 2lbs of your favorite mixed veggies <frozen>
    -One big ass can/bottle of tomato juice
    -Beef broth<or veggie stock!> about 10 ounces
    -Spices to taste

Dump it all in the crockpot and set it to low for about 8-10 hours.
    I reccomend adding potatoes(if you use them) about an hour before it's done. They get real mushy, real fast. ^_^

You can also add chicken or beef.
    Sometimes, when I feel a little kinky, I add those little bow tie pasta noodles. ;)