controlling anger

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by alex714, May 18, 2004.

1. alex714

alex714 To the Left

sometimes i think i have a slight anger management problem...at times, i can be very mellow and let things slide but then there are days (like today!) where i become very edgy and fustrated with every small things. for example, i was waiting to make a left turn and the car infront of me wasnt going when the way was clear. i started beeping and giving her the finger, telling her to fuck off bc i was just so angery at the situation. then there are times when i think im angry with myself so i get hostile towards others. i wonder if this just normal behaviour, when you go through ups and downs and today happened to be a down...or do i have anger issues???
    i wish i could stop myself before acting out by deep breathing and relaxing but i cant.

2. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Member

You're totally normal! I have days like that, and more often than not get totally worked up about some nonsense... Makes you feel so guilty afterwards, doesn't it?

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Why worry about trivial things like that?
    I always wondered why people get pissed about literally nothing.

4. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i dont know arjan but i do...and too much have i been doing so latley.

i know its normal to get pissy but when do you know that you might have a slight problem with it?? i REALLY get irriated at times, over stupid things....

5. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

:D No you"re normal. It's when you start throwing people and punching holes in the wall that you have a problem.

6. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I do not get irritated because I am never in a hurry.

7. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Member

Better to let it out, you know...
    But running really helps me, gets all the anger out of the system.

8. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Member

That's the most trivial thing to get angry about...
    I sometimes get angry just because of something I hear, I mean I'd be ready to shoot some people to the moon just for saying like for the hundreth time, per example, Oh, I'm not good, I'm such a loser... That really gets to me

9. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

i know i have some anger issues:eek:

n alot of times the things that should really piss me off dont or atleast i dont show it and act it but then the littler things tend to really piss me off and make me freak.. But it takes alot for me to get really really pissed off to where i would like to kill or cause bodily harm to someone or something,,,,

in the old days nothing was safe from me and my anger management techniques,,,(lots of busted knuckles, other ppls hospital bills and a few assault n battery charges :eek:

now i tend to spew at the mouth and holler which aint really a holler since i talk generally at the level of a mouse,,,, but cuz of that when i am louder folks think its screamin,,,, even tho most folks talk louder than my scream:rolleyes: ... and i tend to wander off n sit in the woods n be alone etc,,

to many ppl heres surprise,,, i have many more anger issues than hhb does,,, he just is generally pretty complacent with whatever happens,,, iam the one ya have to watch n my eyes talk alot for me,,, so those who know me know when i am stewin :p

10. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I rarely get angry. It takes too much energy and I'm lazy by nature.

11. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Member

That's the spirit! But even though I too am as lazy as you can get, I explode from time to time...

12. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

im with olhippie on this one

anger takes too much effort

13. alex714

alex714 To the Left

it just comes to me so its not even an effort in my mind...

im completely calm now but before i was rageing i tell ya.

14. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Maybe these two cover it....

Thomas A Kempis
    Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.

Seneca
    He is a fool who cannot be angry; but he is a wise man who will not.

15. alex714

alex714 To the Left

thank you heat, i enjoyed that second quote.

16. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i just keep all my anger inside till finally i blow up............................
    i try not to but it just happens like that

17. alex714

alex714 To the Left

YOU MUST SWEAR BY 'SERENITY NOW' DONT YA??

18. mimosa

mimosa Banned

Alex, I don't know if you're female or not, but PMS makes me totally crazed sometimes with irrational anger. So I hope this isn't a sexist statement, but it's a true thing, at least for me. Usually I'm a very calm person, but hormones wig me out a few days a month.

19. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i'm with olhippie too....

i used to get very angry but damn....

im not gonna let something TRIVIAL raise my blood pressure, ruin my mood and my spirits...

cause really, what does it matter? when someone or something pisses you off... just tell yourself, THIS IS LIFE.

cause life is like that. if you cannot learn to deal with every day disturbances, well....

all i can say is type A personality... and im avoiding that n lovin it.

20. alex714

alex714 To the Left

yes indeed i am a female... but i shouldnt be getting PMS right now and i never really do, sometimes it puts me on edge but doesnt cause anger
    ... my anger is too constant to be PMS but i thought that was the reason at first also.