Controlled No More

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by environmental_junkie, May 18, 2004.

1. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

I am confused.Why you left me alone.In this body, that is not mine. I cannot breathe, the air which is pure.Confusing.This life is.Spinning around.STOP my heart did, or was it my mind? You try ripping the skin, that isn't your own. Suffocating you. It is.It just swallowed you up, or was it down? Confused.You are.Stand up, walk around.You do as your told, not as you want.What is the point, where do we go?Is there a score board, for the way we are?Confused.Again.Is this a game.For someone above, or is it below?Again.Confused.Barbies we are.Controlled.By strings.People are dying.Being shot, ripped apart.Why did they lose, this game.Of life?Who kept the score?Cheat. They did.Killed someone else.Confused we are.Admit it. They did.Be happy. Don't judge.Be nice.Confused.Listen, to these words.Lies.They are not.You wake up.Just a dream.It was not. Real.It is.All around. You look.It's worse then you thought.How to end it.You ask yourself.Kill yourself. Don't die. You want to know.How this ends.This game called life.Die. You don't.You live, you life. You do, as you want.Not as your told.Follow the rules.That you did not make.Do as good, was you want.Maybe you'll win.Confused.No more.Controlled, by yourself. You not cut the strings,that were holding you back.If you live your life, the way you want.You might succeed, In this game.Of life.

-Stacie LaCerte

2. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

I liked it. It had a very original pattern of words. It started off in confusion, then more confusion was added to the equation, but it all came down to one thing. Cutting the strings that hold you in wonder.

3. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

I've done this before, but don't rate your own posts, it makes you look like an attention whore. No offense of any kind.

4. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

haha I didn't mean to rate my own post. I was trying to see what the options were and I clicked it, so I decide to rate it :eek: No harm done.

5. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

No, no harm done, I didn't know we could even rate our own! Try to write some more poems for here. I think we need to read each one on here, some of them go un-noticed, but they are quite good.