Control your dream?

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by TransAmRocker, Apr 6, 2007.

1. TransAmRocker

TransAmRocker Member

I have a buddy who claims he can control his dreams. (do whatever he pleases in his dreams) I think he is full of it because I can't controld spit in my dream. Dreams are supposed to be anything we want, but I can't control shit. HONESTLY, can anyone out there control your dreams?

2. ***HigheR-LovE***

***HigheR-LovE*** Member

Yep its Lucid Dreaming.

Its happened me once or twice in dreams. Not really full control in an open world in my dreams mind you but the ability to say or make small choices or decisions in them , but still forced down the certain path of the said dream.

These dreams were not in first person perspective rather I was hovering over myself in the dream , fully aware I was dreaming and watching myself as a spectator to the dream.

Go to wikipedia and type in 'Lucid Dreaming' , that should give you some more info. Theirs also loads of stuff on them web and even on these forums I am sure that might help you control your dreams.

3. The Guardian

The Guardian Member

Dude, I do it all the time. You have to really concentrate. Before you go to sleep, you have to just repeatedly chant something along the lines of "I'm dreaming." And once you start dreaming, that will be the first thing that comes to mind. Then start to count things, and look at your hands. Once you've done it a bit, you should try flying. You'll probably start out jumping really high and coming back down, but once you can fly, you'll never be the same. It's amazing.

4. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

I've found myself flying in dreams and at the time, I'm there and controlling it (although unaware it is a dream, therefore it isn't lucid) and while in the dream it seems so easy to be able to lift yourself off the ground!

5. ***HigheR-LovE***

***HigheR-LovE*** Member

Ive never had quite that much control. I shall try this tonight :) .

6. ippi

ippi Member

Yeah it called lucid dream and it is quite easy to learn... You will find lots of information of it, from the internet... It takes some time to learn... But it is worth it!!!!

7. TransAmRocker

TransAmRocker Member

Lucid dreaming huh? Well since several of yall say this works, hell I think I might give it a shot. This buddy of mine said he can control EVERYTHING. Even "rewind" his dream if he changed his mind about how his dream was. I'll look up lucid dreaming and give it a shot. HEHE

8. ippi

ippi Member

Yeah... Actually if you are enough good controlling your dreams you can do like this... (it is quite umbeleviable...)

1. You can be in your dream 1000 yers if you just make the time go slower, and you can do whatever you want... so in theory you can be man who never dies... Some scientist in this area said that they can be in lucid, many years when they sleep 12 hours...

Dreams are another reality, Lucid dreams are reality you can make by yourself... SO everything you want to happen there, WILL HAPPEN!...

9. PsyGrunge

To me, becoming completely aware that I'm dreaming would be like waking up inside one huge trip; I guess I'd start to think thoughts within the dream such as 'shit, I'm dreaming and I know it; how am i gonna wake myself up now>?'

10. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Thta would be better than going to the movies.

11. GratefulFloyd

GratefulFloyd Nowhere to fly to

Flying in lucidity is one of the most amazing feelings ever...

12. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

The one and only time I had a lucid dream that's exactly what I thought. It was a normal dream and then out of nowhere it was like, "Hold up. I'm dreaming!" And then for no reason I panicked and immediatly just thought, "Wake up," and I did. It's as easy as typing this message. Just tell your brain to wake up like you tell your brain to move your fingers. Once I awoke I was extremely upset that I had, though.

13. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i have had alot of lucid dreams before, and they are incredible. Do just what the guy above said and tell yourself over and over before you go to sleep and just think deeply about it and when you start to feel yourself slip into a dreamlike state start to look at your hands and then somthing else and concentrate on it and be away of it and the possibilities are endless from there. i have lots of flying dreams, last night i had one where i was parachuting over a beach and landed softly in the sand, it was the best dream iv had in a while. i have flying dreams at least 3 times a week if not more

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i can't ALWAYS anything in them, any more then i can ALWAYS anything in real life. but i frequently influence the shape of my experiencing them, even when a stronger dream doctor then myself is forcing much of the shape of them otherwise.

this is going on, what seems to be some sort of challange of dreamshapers. i seem to have taken the better part of valour so to speak recently, when faced with someone who seems to go by some sort of code name of sausage. i don't know what his trip is, but he kept pelting me with hackey sack balls. it wasn't physicaly injuring my dream self. i'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to. just proving he was more powerful then i was.
    well i guess that's the point of a challange so he won that one. it must have been kind of a round robbin situation because then bisuit challanged him, these names have nothing to do with how they appeared in the dream, just sort of like codenames that came to me, i don't even know how, anyway when biscuit got his attention they were facing off i quitely teleported back to wakefulness, more or less deliberately.

their appearance was a trip too. not like any kind of living being but like rigid objects of welded wrot iron bars, the kind you sometimes see wrot iron fences made out of.

except sausage had this, what looked like, even acted like, a real living wolf's head ontop of it, through which i'm sure he looked out through very powerful hypnotic, glowing golden eyes.

i think that may be part of what distracted me, hogtied whatever abilities i might otherwise have had, from being able to make a more effective and creative showing for myself.

it was an advantage he was so adimant about pressing i just basicly said the hell with it, and first chance i got, booked the hell out.

maybe, like playing chess with a stronger player, this was supposed to have made me stronger too. i don't know. i didn't really get much of an impression that was his intention though.

undoubtedly i will meet others, hopefully not all of them as much beyond my own league. not that i feel the need to challange or be challanged by anyone.

other then to, in a sense, establish my own credentials as it were.
    something in this contest at least, i feel that i failed miserably to do, unless in the sense,
    that i had even been considered worthy TO challange.

couldn't really make any sense out of it otherwise.

=^^=
    .../\...

15. PsyGrunge

Hmm weird... now you've said that, it's ringing a bell.. I can recall doing that before but maybe it was in the middle of the night or something; I probably went back to sleep and forgot about it come the morning; I'm sure I've done that before :S

16. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

This sounds really interesting and exciting! I think I might give it a shot :D Lucid dreaming...Can you conjure up situations that you want to be in or can you only control your body and the scene that your mind creates?

17. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

^^^yes, you can easily have sex with the prettiest girl you can think of, if thats what your getting at. lol. i do that somtimes, but mostly i like to try weird expiriments i come up with when awake. like telling my dream characters they are dream characters....they usually shut down and appear real confused about that. one time i told all my dream characters they too were dreaming, and i told them they should wake up. it was weird, their pupils got huge and an intence pulse of energy went through my body. my vision faded into darkness for a moment (much like closing my eyes) and when i came to, the character was gone. usually though i just try to maintain awarness. lately iv been trying to meditate in my dream. its not as easy as youd think.

18. hamish...

hamish... Member

yeah its happened to me a few times wen ure in ure subconsious ure mind is kinda awake but u dnt know it and what u think is kinda made into a dream its weird i always have them of ripping people apart. its gr8

19. JadeDragon

JadeDragon Member

20. PsyGrunge

Once lucid dreaming is accomplished, apparently 'astral projection' is only a stone's throw away..