Control Problems.

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by SpreadingFlowers, Jun 11, 2006.

1. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I know what you're talking about....so that isn't about me....who is it about?

2. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

Good for you man! :) I hope you find a girl that won;t change you and like you for who you are! Good luck!!!!!!!

3. SpreadingFlowers

SpreadingFlowers Member

Yeah, everytime I try to talk to her, and I think we settle it, she brings it back up. Somethin' is bothering her. Anyway, once again, thanks for the advice.
    moon - Yeah, people advance differently. I know people who think girls are 'icky' and some who just want to get in their pants... 13 is a funky age, I suppose.

4. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

:H My mom is highly intelligent. She'd give your elementary ass a good debate. C'mon....you can do better than 'Your mom', huh? Atleast show a little originality.

5. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

You know what would be intellegent is to just stop.

6. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

It takes one to know one.

7. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

So. They smell bad anyway. Butthead.

8. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

jester, moon, go to your rooms and think about your actions...... ;) I'm calling daddy.

Jester, honey, you do know your toys do smell funny. Don't you? Where have they been?

And neither of you gets the car keys, unless moon flower has a prenatal check up. :)

9. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

What a bunch of bullshit this thread has become. The ageism was plain unnecessary, Moon_flower.

To the threadstarter: Grow some balls and tell your woman what you like and don't like. Respect yourself because it looks like she needs a damn good example to follow.

10. SpreadingFlowers

SpreadingFlowers Member

I started the thread to look for ways TO talk to her. Regardless, I am. You misunderstood my idea behind this thread. If I didn't respect myself , I wouldn't have even started this thread.

11. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Ahaha....I just knew you were going to say that. :D
    Uh....duh.

.Hannah.,
    It seems everything I say is just unneccesary to you.
    I've already explained what I said. It wasn't ageism.

12. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

And I think you're doing the right thing by trying to figure out the way to resolve the matter without necessarily resorting to dumping her! :cool:

It is always good to give a person the benefit of the doubt before you make a drastic decision like breaking up with your partner. You're doing that right now, and that shows how much you care about your relationship with this girl. I think that is rather admirable since so many ADULTS play around and treat their partners with disrespect. I only hope you will never grow up to be one of those... But you won't, I have faith in ya.

So you're 13. BIG DEAL. The fact is that you and your girlfriend have been in this relationship for 10 F-in' months, which is actually VERY impressive considering, in today's societal standards, many "kids that age" don't "know what love is" enough to maintain a relationship for a long period of time. What a load of garbage! What you're feeling is pure, yet to be completely affected by the ways in which society corrupts the idea of love. Never forget those feelings, for you WILL be faced with many more people who will try to project their jaded ways of thinking into your brain.

Oh yeah, advice... Hmmm, if she never used to be that controlling before, it might be that her parents may have something to do with it. I'm not sure, though. As certain others have already said, I too would think discussing the matter with her would be a good idea. Communication IS important in maintaining a good relationship. If she's that determined to change you, you can look at that from a different angle and say she does so BECAUSE she actually cares about this relationship. And you're here asking for advice so you obviously care. Now, I would imagine she'd be willing to talk about it if she understood the relationship meant a lot to both of you. If I were you, I would go up to her, sit her down, and say something like..."I'd really like to talk to you about this, because I care very much about our relationship and would really like to make it work."

Now, the above should only be considered given the fact that you, in fact, DO believe your relationship with this girl is worth all the effort. If you have strong faith in this relationship, then hold on to that faith. Your heart might break and you might experience some heavy duty pain in the end, but... No guts, no glory. On the other hand, if you don't think it's worth it, then you might be better off not thinking that deeply about the whole thing. However, you CAN still keep what I said above in mind for the future reference. It may not be much, but hopefully I was being at least a little helpful.

Best of luck to you! :)

13. Gypsy_girl

Gypsy_girl Member

I suggest talking to her about how her behaviour has been making you feel and trying to come to some compromise on the issues you have.

Good luck and hope it works out :)

14. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

:H Why lie?