Contact lenses and E.

Discussion in 'MDMA - X' started by ZePpeLinA, May 28, 2004.

1. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

I've tried e once and I liked it. i might try it again soon. the thing is when i tried it, i was wearing my glasses, but if i go to a rave this time and get pills, i'll be wearing my contacts. My eyes did go a little crazy the last time i tried e, but will it have any other effects or will it feel unconfortable? does anybody wear contacts and have them in while they were on e?
    thanks.

2. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I don't wear contacts nor glasses, but my friend wears glasses, and when she trips she takes them off(same with contacts). If you can go without, just for that night, you should.

3. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'd loose the contacts if you can see anything without them.

4. serra

serra tentacle girl

my boyfriend always wears his contacts when he goes to a party or does mushrooms, and he never wears them any other time. i think that's just because he really cant see and when he's high he hates glasses and has a tendancy to throw them into a bush and claim that he's CURED!!!!

personally i dont know much about contacts (20/20 vision wooee!) but i would think that maybe if you had caps that give a lot of nystagmus (eye wiggles) that might be weird or something.

5. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

I wear contacts all of the time and never wear my glasses. The only problem I've ever encountered is while on LSD and I can't explain it but by the end of the night my ontacts kind of stop adhering to my eyeball and like slide off my eye. If I take them out and clean them and try to put them back on they just don't 'stick'. It's fucking weird. When I get high occasionally my contacts need rewetting though.

Oh, wait I just thought of something. I think I see more halo's because when my pupils dialate on 'e' they expand past the visual part of my contacts. It's cool. Why don't you bring a purse or a small clip on pouch and put your glasses, a contact case filled with solution and then if you have any trouble you can swap. Bring some rewetting drops too in case the rave has fog and dries out your eyes. Otherwise you'll be fine. If it's a small rave where you can leave and come back keep the glasses in the car and get them if you need them so you don't have to carry anything around. You'll probably feel more free without your glasses on and your visuality will be more enhanced.

6. greasytuesday

greasytuesday Member

Everytime I've done E I've had contact lenses in... probably not the healthiest thing for your eyes but I never ran into any serious problems with it. They got calcium build-ups which hurt my eyes after about 6 months, but that usually happens anyway.

7. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

thanks for replying guys!

The problem with the pair of glasses I have is that they are a bit loose, if i move my head too fast while dancing, they'll fall!!! and it gets more uncomfortable when i sweat and my glasses fall cos my nose is slippery....
    I'm a bit nervous about wearing my contacts, just hope my eyes dont get dry...I dont like carrying stuff around when i go to raves...i just wanna know if there's someone who has worn their contacts while taking e and if something bad happened to them.

8. horsesrox4life

horsesrox4life Member

Old topic I know, but I decided to see what was on the last page of this forum.

I'm in the same situation, very loose glasses and I feel really uncomfortable wearing them. So I wear contacts almost all the time, unless I'm just at home. Also I can't not wear contacts because very bad vision.

Anyone wear contacts while tripping?

9. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

i dont go to raves lol, so i cant help

10. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

I wear contacts no matter what drug im taking. Iv done E heaps of times with them in, when i smoke weed etc. There is really no worry at all, just because your pupils may expand will not effect your contacts in any way. the only thing that may happen is they may feel a little dry, howver personally iv never had an issue at all, not even dry eyes while on drugs.

i say dont worry at all. there is no concern.
    the only place not to wear contacts is in the ocean, cause the salt makes them shrival up on your eyes. However, i have done it, and they were fine.
    i swim underwater in the pool with them(eyes closed) their fine, tkae showers -fine.

11. Makimono402

Makimono402 Member

Everytime I`ve rolled, I`ve worn my contacts and I`ve never had a problem. My eyes went a little crazy on some white crowns but it didn`t hurt me.

12. bellringer

bellringer Member

I always roll with mine in. I just make sure at sometime when the sun comes up I take them out or they will just dry up really bad.

13. Stiney

Stiney Member

yeah I wore contact lenses for about 6 years before I got my eyes blasted by a laser so I'm back to 20/20 now. I must have done E while wearing my lenses about 30 times, never had any problems - it might be a good idea to bring a little bottle of ocular lubricant/eye drops or your lense cleaning liquid with you because if you get dehydrated your eyes can be come dry and your lenses will get uncomfortable, so you can just put a couple of eye drops in if that happens and your fresh as a daisy again.