Construction of a bowl

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Mellow990, May 18, 2004.

1. Mellow990

Mellow990 Member

What are some ways to make a home-made bowl. I think it would be pretty sweet to see the weird/different things people use.

2. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

before i actually bought some quality bowls, i would frequently use the soda can method (poke holes in a soda can, put bud on there, light and suck on opening) and foilies...then my buddies made them out of pens and one out of an empty chap stick container, now i buy all mine

3. Cosmo4

Cosmo4 Member

Damn, john..that shit sounds ghetto.

The first thing I smoked out of was a small bong which was made out of a piece of hose, a rachet with a screen from a sink in it, and a gatorade bottle..

It got me really stoned though!

4. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

hell yeah it was, but it was also so damn fun... just hanging out in the ghetto (not really, but a poor neighborhood in st louis) and smoking bud any way possible...

I kicked ass at making the soda can things, you cant make the holes too big, cause shit falls through, and you had to bend the can right to make a good bowl...

good times...

5. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

When I was a newb, I used pens and made the best bowls out of reeces wrappers (the foil ones for the little mini reeces)

6. Krayzie Hustle

Krayzie Hustle Member

go to a grocery store and go to the candy/toy machines that are in the front and get one of those round bubbles(bak bak eggs) that you get with a toy. THen go home, take something hot and sharp hot to the top of it such as a soldering iron or a metal skewer or small screwdriver held over the flame of the stove for a bit and melt 2 holes in the colored top of the bubble(bak bak egg) One in the middle to hold your bowl with stem attached that you either get from a headshop or take from an existing bong and the other for a mouthpiece in which case I used a cut straw. It is important that the holes are not too big and just right to fit both the stem and the mouthpiece. Once they are in place, put some apoxy, silicone, rubber cement or etc. around them just to make sure all seals are tight. Now just fill the buube/egg with water to the appropriate bubbling level and enjoy. If you dont want it it tip over since it is round, you can be creative and make a base out of pretty much anything. I apoxied it to a square piece of cardboard

7. garf12

garf12 Member

a socket wrench head and a screen from a sink faucet works mighty well as a bowl. I've used that a few times for waterfall bongs. [​IMG]

8. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

I've carved a few pipes and just bowls from hardwood and soapstone. I like to work with my hands and make things (not just smoking pieces) it's as much of an escape for me as smoking weed. I'm a computer programmer and I guess it just feels good to work with something real.

And of course the ever present tin foil roach pipe.

Made a few pop bottle bongs and hookahs using my hand carved bowls.

Actually my first toke was from a pipe I carved myself.

9. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

If I'm in a pinch w/o a bowl/papers, an apple is always the best option. The most economical way, IMO.

10. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

90 degree elbow for air hose fittings, With a steel braided hose and a metal pen tip for the head piece.
    It was ghetto, but it worked.
    And a tin man will do when theres noting else around

11. ornery hipster

ornery hipster Member

This is an old old thread but I'm adding to the creativity. Someone said something about using a can so I'll elaborate.

Get an empty soda can and turn it on it's side so that the hole that you drink out of is at the top. Then make a dent in the side that's facing up, poke a really small hole in the middle of that dent but not too big or your precious pot will fall through. Then simply pile it up in that dent which will hold it and on top of the hole. Then light away and suck out of the hole that you drink out of. I made a lovely picture:

[​IMG]

It's the cheapest and easiest way in the world I tell ya.

12. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

i used to use apples. they dont work that well but they work ok i guess. now i use a tobacco pipe that my brother gave me. the bowl is huge and holds a gram so its best for groups especially when its roasting!!

13. shelly-welly

shelly-welly Member

gel pens with the metal tips work great--unscrew the metal part (take out the ink) and then stick the metal part in the other way, take your lighter and melt the plastic to the metal and then melt it so the bowl head sticks up like a pipe--work with it,, you can get pretty creative too--like useing neon gel pens--they look awsome