Considering giving acid up

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by socker, Jan 27, 2009.

1. socker

socker Member

I first took acid in July last year. I've tripped probably 6 - 8 times since then.

For me acid has been either insanely scary or kinda fun. My first trip was the scariest. I died on the forrest floor and had to piece myself back together. My latest trips threatened the same... It was Friday night at Rainbow Serpent festival. My girlfriend and I had planned to trip during the day, but it was far too hot and we didn't want the heat to dominate the trip. So we left it until it was almost dark and took a sugar cube each. The acid we get tends to be pretty strong. We wandered around the stages dancing a little, but the people and the lights were getting uncomfortable so we journeyed back to the tent.

It's no wonder that journeying back to the tent was hard for me. My first trip went south when I couldn't navigate my way back to the tent and I fell to the ground and died. This time my girlfriend was the one having the most trouble - I managed to maintain composure and got us back to safety, but good god it was scary. We lounged around for a while with the intent to sleep the acid off. I couldn't put my finger on why I was uncomfortable, but I think it was just paranoia that I'd end up having a bad trip.... not the greatest state of mind to come out from.

Inside the tent I watched the creased material flap in the wind. I found my mind seeing stories on the tent as if it were a projector screen. Schools of sharks, massive stone castles, armies of thousands of space ships... It was an amazing story - I wish I could remember it.

Eventually we managed to get a handle on reality and decided to venture to the chill stage. We gave a smoke to a dude named Brad and chatted with him for a while... actually it was probably a couple of hours. Talking to him whilst tripping was intense. It didn't help that he told me he was studying hypnotherapy and hoorah my paranoia had me working hard to make sure he never hypnotized me. He told me of his philosophy. He believes that if you believe hard enough you can change reality. As far as I can tell, he believes that the universe as we know it is due to a general consensus of all aware beings.

This was an appealing (but not new) thought to me, but it scared me to death for some reason. Apparently I'm fond of the universe the way it is! To me what Brad was saying made sense - perception is reality and if you have the power to trick yourself in to believing something you certainly change your own reality as you please (if you don't mind seeming insane to everyone around you!). I'm unconvinced about the ability to change everyone else's reality at whim, though. After talking to a few people when sober, it seems it's not an unpopular point of view! I've been reading up on quantum physics lately... and Brad's theories reminded me of something that I heard in a lecture by Richard Feynman (I think) where he describes the universe as some sort of wavey, uncertain cloud until someone looks at it and then it suddenly becomes finite and real. I believe it's a bit of an open question at the moment why the universe only seems to collapse to something finite when it is observed (does consciousness play a roll in the universe afterall?)... interesting stuff!

When I'm tripping I always feels something dark and scary lurking about. I'm pretty sure that it's my fear that there's nothing to life. When I die I'm dead. When I'm sober I can deal with that - I'm confident that I'll make myself a worthwhile life and die happy. When I'm tripping I don't have that confidence. I'm not sure why...

Anyways I'm trying to get my head together in the real world. Taking acid and spending a few hours running around asking everyone who I am isn't really my idea of a good nor enlightening time, and I can't see how it's helping me work out my life.

Oh yeah - then there's the flashbacks that I got a few months back. More evidence that acid simply isn't for me.

I think I'm committed to going tripping for a friend's 21st. After that, I'm not sure I'll be tripping again for a long while.

2. ad10

ad10 Member

I agree acid isnt for everyone. And sometimes you need a big break to try and piece your mind back together before you shatter it again with another acid trip.

Sometimes your mind needs to be shattered and sometimes it needs to be whole. Its a good thing to know when that is.

3. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

It seems to me, socker, that you have gained too much awareness of the function of Nature without gaining enough awarness of your position within it. This is why I have always preferred mushrooms to LSD, because LSD is very phantasmagorical and will shed light on the external while only dimly illuminating the depths within your heart. The mushrooms, in higher doses, will tear your attachment to the body and mind away and present you to a state of pure awareness in which there is no ability to have doubt and fear, because true harmony with the heavenly celestial dance is experienced when clinging to the known is severed at the root.
    Is there really nothing to life? Well, yes and no. We give it meaning, but there is no difinitive authority dictating that meaning other than ourselves. We didnt ask to be born, but we do have the choice to view life as either a blessing or a curse.
    We all have to die, but when we see the natural world as working together for an unknown 'reason' we can see that we are just a component in this cosmic manifestation. I would disagree however, that it is our consciousness which causes the collapse of reality into a determined finite state, and say rather that reality, us included are the result of consciousess itself. And in that light it is not difficult to see our eternal nature.

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Yeah you've done it quite often imo. You need a few months realistically between doses to truly learn all it has to show you, if you dose before then again you just wipe off your blackboard again

5. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

i use a white board with colored markers! :D

6. Tuktuk08

Tuktuk08 Member

If you feel that you shouldn't take acid because your life is more meaningful while sober, then I would say don't take it again. I personally take acid, when its around, simply because I enjoy tripping. Its a blast. Everyone has their certain drugs of choice, maybe acid just isn't for you.

7. Xora

Xora Member

Way true, however I prefer LSD since I tend to do mushrooms more.

8. Funkateer

Funkateer To swing on the spiral

well how bout this your quitting

send me all the excess ;)

9. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

I asked him to send it you as well and even gave him your Hawaii address! ;)

10. Desos

Desos Senior Member

sounds good man, it's your choice.

just try to think what everything that happened meant to you. why did all these things happen?

11. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

nothing is wrong with taking an extended break from psychedellics....

where do you get this thought that LSD is something you have to do on a regular basis to maintain something???

Just stop doing it. If the intuition ever returns that perhaps you need to revisit it, then do it.

12. itsallgood

itsallgood Senior Member

the dude who said if you believe hard enough you can change reality is 100 percent correct....rock on with whatever you guys do, life is amazing and so is acid and mushrooms, everything else can fuck off lol...and btw acid actually made me noty want to smoke bud or basically any type of drug, iam just waiting for it to come by again so go with ur instinct its usally correct :)