Consciousness fuses with the floor when we die?

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by StarfishPrime, Jan 27, 2014.

1. StarfishPrime

StarfishPrime Guest

Has anyone else had this experience? I know that a common theme with Salvia is fusing with objects and surroundings, but I have never seen this particular aspect of it discussed before.

When I tripped a couple of years ago, one of the things that happened was that my consciousness melted down into the floor and I became the floor itself. My molecules literally merged with the molecules in the carpet and there was no doubt that I was physically entangled. It was sort of funny in a way, because I would try to lift my "arms" and "legs", which I still somehow had the sensation of having, and when I did this, all that rose up were big mounds of carpet where my limbs would be. Not so funny at the time though. I was absolutely terrified and just completely going crazy trying to get out of it. The somatosensory input from this drug is incredibly wild because it is so real.

Anyway, the thing that keeps me up at night to this day is that I had an unbelievably strong sense that the Salvia was trying to adamantly teach me that this is what happens to us when we die. Our consciousness doesn't really go anywhere, it just stays put but fuses with the ground at the location of death, where we are stuck, possibly forever.

Now, the only other instance I've seen of someone else mentioning this is a random redneck kid in a YouTube video, which can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdvSPGenc5o. It's a really funny video, but it is immensely ominous to me, because the kid clearly had the same experience that I did. At 4:03, he says, "When we end, what that is... we're stuck on something." Sends shivers down my spine.

I guess it's probably a good sign that I haven't seen this talked about, because it makes it more likely that it was just a creation of my imagination. I certainly hope it is, because this scares me to no end.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Examples like yours are some of the aspects of Salvia Divinorum which I find fascinating and wholly unique. I am gonna go out on a limb and say that you did not actually raise the carpet. I think phenomena like this says more about obscure, extremely bizarre realms of consciousness and perception that Salvia Brings one to more so than Salvia allowing for consciousness to actually fuse with the carpet or whatever the inanimate object may be.

I'd hypothesize that Salvia causes significant pharmalogical action in areas of the brain involved with visuospatial processing and this can partly explain why you may perceive such a sensation as fusing with an adjacent object. I'm sure there is more complexity involved with signals being relayed between higher and lower organized parts of the brain and body which may provide a more full on explanation but I think the effect on visuospatial processing is likely a main component to the affects you describe.

One argument I can provide with Salvia experiences against the consciousness fusing with the floor when we die concept, is that there are some people who blackout when taking high dose Salvia.

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Regardless from an energetic standpoint nothing is stuck so the fear has no basis at that level.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Looks like Op may be a One post wonder but I came across this passage from Salvinorin by DM Turner which I found fascinating and kind of made me think to this thread and it has a different angle. He smokes the pure isolated Salvinorin A molecule here...

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

According to Trainspotting this happens when you od on heroin too.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

You got the excerpt or link from that part of the movie/book?

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't like salvia... it's too fucked up for my liking.

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6uBkJSbQO0"]Lou Reed - Perfect Day (trainspotting) - YouTube

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

10. Martyn

Martyn Member

What is happening is that Salvinorin agitates the kappa receptors which distorts our sense of bodily awareness and space-time, and because Salvinorin de-syncs that part of the brain responsible for consciousness, the Claustrum, we are perceiving that wer are one with everything that we perceive. Sometimes we feel like we become something out of our field of view, such as a fence outside the house or under someone's foot. This is memory trying to make sense of the de-syncronisation of this part of the brain as a result of the Kappa antagonism by Salvinorin A. The brain is trying to make sense of the new awareness, and your brain is linking an association through memory. It will try any suitable memory to try and associate. You are not actually "merging" with anything out there, it's just your brain out of synchronicity and trying to find an association from memory data.

McFuddy likes this.
  11. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

The problem with this and all death experience claims... is their brain was never dead. You don't com back from a cold dead zero activity brain. These are experiences from a living brain severely messed up on chemicals or lack of oxygen. The can provide testimony of messed up brain experiences. To say this is what actual death is like, that is speculative bullshit.