Connecting laptop to TV.

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Bilby, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I have connected a laptop to my TV. The laptop image is 3/4 of the screen, it does not fill up the whole screen.

2. everything is correct). Now your TV has become the main monitor, so there is nothing to be surprised at. Go to the screen settings (on a laptop) and set priorities: 1) laptop monitor 2) TV

3. Bilby

I fixed it watching Youtube clip.

4. Bilby

HP Pavilion.

5. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I only ever buy second hand computers but I would avoid anything HP has made in the past 8 years or so. HP stopped making decent computers around the 4th Generation Intel Core series. Remember their desktops 10 years ago were heavy and solid business machines. Now they make the cheapest flimsiest garbage. I made the mistake of picking up a 260 Slimline a few years back, just a 35watt i3-6100T CPU. The motherboard couldn't handle that much power I guess because one of the VRMs went up in smoke after just a couple months of use.

Check out this joke of a PC motherboard, HP 260. To the top and to the left of the CPU socket is the power delivery, just 4 inductors.

[​IMG]

-

This is what a quality motherboard looks like:

[​IMG]

Ten or more inductors (chokes), stacked MOSFETS with heatsinks...

And this is the backside of a HP Pavilion 550 PC:

[​IMG]

This PC is 3/4th empty inside with no expansion ports. You couldn't even put a decent motherboard in this case if you wanted to.

What garbage, what a joke, what a shameful scam, what a pathetic crooked computer company!