Connecticut sucks!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by inzgary, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

It's for dramatic effect.

2. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

Not always. :D

And you think YOUR first-past-the-post system is bad. :D Our small party representation isn't small, it's non-existant. I think we have one independant senator in Congress.

I don't know if Americans would all be willing to go to a system of proportional representation. We're a bit lazy for that. :D

3. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

Burlington is awesome

4. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

it's like that everywhere. except the under 21 curfew. thats fucked up. ours is under 17. during school: 10pm-6am weekdays 11pm-6am weekends. summer: 11pm-6am weekdays 12am-6am weekends

5. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

it's a part of amerikkka dipshit. there are millions of anti-freedom laws in all of amerikkka. is pot legal in vermont? no. is gay marriage legal in vermont? no. it is not anarchy.

6. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

I agree the Tory party sucks , but they are just really popular in Alberta and in the Western Provinces. But there color is the blue and the liberal party color is the red ... Anyway i think i'm a green (Green Party) or an orange (New Democratic Party )

7. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

until the elections of this year, no party has ever won a seat other than labour, tories and lib/dems.

8. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

Proportional representation is great but in country totally proportional there is some problems. The parties have trouble agreeing on the issues and it's always tractations and shit to make sure this party will vote either for or againts the law. But some proportional representation would be great .

9. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Well the 16 law goes for more or less the whole country due to legal problems, the under 21 curfew must just be in your town, cause I know it's not through our whole state, and I doubt it can be 21, cause 18 is legally an adult. and really, the cops are like that in all smal towns, I live in one too, normally though unless they're an asshole they don't do anything but fuck around with you.

10. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

Check out the single transferrable vote system, its pretty good. Ignore the complicated maths to it, but it is a good system.

11. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Oh, speaking of Vermont, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killington%2C_Vermont

In protest against what at least 2/3rds of voting residents consider unjust treatment from the state of Vermont in tax and tourism development matters, Killington voted in March 2004 (and again in March 2005) to pursue secession from Vermont and admission into New Hampshire, which lies 25 miles to the east

12. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

I never heard of that man, i'll that article thanks .

13. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

where the fuck are where this law is passing man, dude any small town cops are dicks i live in small town CT man, dude im talking the town i live in the downtown and uptown are the same place,no will hire under 16 any where anyway cause thats illegal....,and man vermont isnt going to solve shit there are assholes there too there are assholes everywhere, the world is a giant asshole

14. DeadheadHippieForPea

DeadheadHippieForPea Member

yeah im from CT too..it does suck but im giong up to school in VT in like a week so im excited for that...CT is definatly not that hip of a place...

15. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

i notice how people say o when im 18 im going to move here and all my problems will float away thing will get tons better,but in the end you will always have to deal with asshole and the world no matter where you live just cause your 18 angels dont fall from the sky and life is peachy if anything its worse you now have to worry about bills and how you going to live through the next day

16. spooner

spooner is done.

The left wing of Canadian Politics is to the democrats what they are to the republicans. And Alberta would vote for Bush if they could.

And as for people not hiring you because you're under 16, well I wouldn't either if I owned a business. Most people that young make shitty employees, and employers need to play the odds. You might be a great worker (but I don't really care, either).

And like a curfew would ever stop kids from going out.