Congressman Ted Poe of Texas: "Mexico is at War with the United States"

Discussion in 'Globalization' started by CaptJackSparrow, Jun 27, 2006.

1. CaptJackSparrow

CaptJackSparrow Member

2. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

This is very true, Mexican nationals can now hold dual citizenship, and they have been told that they can gain California again as part of Mexico. I work in landscaping and I have friends that are illegals, what they have been saying lately does worry me. They've been promised that if they come up here and send their money home, they will establish this. It's never going to happen, but Mexico reaps the money they send home. Corruption in Mexico will never allow for the little guy to benefit. But Bush and his friends in Texas want us to send Social Security to Mexico. Don't allow this.

I live in a small community in far northern California. We are agriculturally focussed. Lately the Mexican gangs have taken over our schools and communities. Why don't they do this at home...because they can't get away with it at home. But they are being told to come here and make themselves strong. We've given them free education and health care, and support, and they are working with that. Used to be that only those that wanted to come here to work came here, but now Mexico is telling them if they can form a power more powerful then legal citizens they can gain power over what my ancestors worked for. My people came from the dust bowl, and they worked their asses off, think I am going to let a foreign country gain control. I think not.

We are fed the adage that gringos won't do this work. We will and can, if the employers don't require that we know Spanish in order to do the job. Which is the case now. I got a work permit at twelve and picked prunes, almonds and peaches, but now our youth can't even get these jobs, because in order to work the employers want them to know Spanish. Why don't the Mexicans need to know English.

I worked for Head Start for five years, we weren't even allowed to look at immigration status. Think that would happen in Mexico?

Passport for employment would be the easiest solution, why revent the wheel.

3. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

I think we as a nation should begin to shoot illegals first and ask questions later. Not all, but a few, to send a message to the rest.

4. gardener

You don't offer a viable solution, you are just part of the problem.

5. topolm

topolm Member

You are def part of the solution.

6. Politics are awesome

You think those gangsters who've taken over your schools should be offered flowers? They come into America illegally, intimidate and harm your kids (who are legal citizens), and you want to give them passports?

7. gardener

Those that come here to work are desperate for work, and to support their families. It's time to put pressure on Mexico to treat their people with respect. Time to not let their debts be forgiven, because US citizens bought an interest in their economy. Time to hold them accountable, and time for the citizens of Mexico to hold their government accountable. They are a country with a moderate climate rich in natural resources, why can't they support their own citizenship?

8. Politics are awesome

I think you and I agree with each other on pretty much everything but the war, ha.

9. gardener

Yeah shoot the little man for trying to support his family.

10. Politics are awesome

In the town 15 miles south of where I live, where my brother and sister go to school at, the town is being overrun by illegal immigrants. There are a few legal ones, but then they (I'm assuming this is what happens) bring over huge extended families. This past school year there were 4 shooting deaths in the town, all done by illegal Mexicans. These gangsters aren't over here to work, they are over here to be powerful. They are breaking a number of laws: entering the country illegally, drug laws, possession of illegal firearms. No chances should be taken.

And this is fucking in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin. I can't imagine what its like in your area.

11. gardener

I am neither offering them passports or flowers. I am saying if you don't have a valid passport go home.

12. gardener

Here in California we have been too lax. We don't even check documentation, it was considered politically incorrect. I think it's now time to check papers and deport.

13. Politics are awesome

Didn't you say that we should offer them passports if they work?

14. gardener

No I never said that. What I said was that a valid Passport should be identification enough. Congress is now trying to come up with some sort of identity card. That's bullshit, if they had enforced what was in effect, this wouldn't be an issue. Now they want a new system, maybe someone in their family owns the patent to what they want to enforce....in which case I question that.

15. gardener

Passports are accepted all around the globe, why isn't this a valid a form of id for immigration to the US?

Why hasn't it been? They can be traced, and the infrastructure is already set up.

Because in Mexico it requires paying off at least three diffent people to get one.

These are the requirements for visiting Mexico. Why doesn't the US have some minimum requirements.

http://www.mexperience.com/liveandwork/immigration.htm

16. gardener

You know how many Mexican Nationals would come here if they were required them to meet 40,000 times the minimum daily wage of workers in our capitol city, Washington D.C., not many I am sure. I couldn't even move there with those restrictions.

17. topolm

topolm Member

Not our problem. Kick everything single last one of them out at gun point. The young people who understand the issues, America is gonna need you very very badly within the next 10-15 years when we take our country back by force and repel the invaders.

18. gardener

You are part of the moronic problem. I think you are going to have to sub contract a lot of your work, because you have demonstrated you can't perform it yourself.

19. gardener

The poor Mexican is been pushed acrossed the border by the Fox administration, which benefits it, because the workers send their earnings home. The Bush administration and his Texas cronies benefit, because they don't have to pay a living wage. Two different economies are benefitting. Who loses and who wins those are the big questions.

20. boothy

boothy Senior Member

That is untterly disgusting and racist. Get your head out your arse. Although I cannot relate to the Mexico "problem" (my fucken arse, the US makes it a problem) in particular, does not mean I cannot relate to immigration in genreal. Here in the UK we have many asian immigrants, and we have people like you screaming "deport them! scum of the earth!" and it makes me sick

You are fundamentally racist (did you think that racist just means between black and white?) and a bigot. To call immigrants invaders is completely wrong.

One of my best friends is a 2nd generation immigrant, as it were. And he's the nicest guy you could wish to meet. This is not an isolated issue. 99% of immigrants just want the best for them and their family.

I'm sure if you weren't coated in your rich middle-class background you might just understand.

Country of freedom my fucking arse.