Confused... Or Not?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by NoOneKnows, Feb 16, 2023.

1. NoOneKnows

NoOneKnows Newbie

I have an ex boyfriend who has been in my life almost 20 years. We come in and out of each other's lives for maybe up to 6 months before our lives separate again. Everytime we see eachother we of course hook up and go through falling in love with each other again but something comes up each time. I'm in a relationship, he's in one, his ex wife wanted to try again so he gave it a shot for the kids, etc etc etc.

Most recently we spoke and actually started talking about trying it and being together. He has 2 kids 10 and 7 that I've never met a he's very guarded which is fine and I've never had an issue with, he's the dad he gets that choice, I do not have any kids. He had a big life event come up where work was taking him away for a year and when we saw each other once we never did again before he left. He told me that he fell in love with another girl that's been a good friend to him which I understood but she is married but husband and her have an open relationship but he still chose her. We still talk everyday and he'll tell me maybe once a month how it's unfair he loves us both and so forth.
    I still love him either way as a friend and just want him to do what makes him happy.

I'm pretty sure I know the answers to my questions but curious how people see this situation. Does he really love me? He just keeping me around for fun? Always just be close friends with a love bond?

-just curious

bry75 likes this.
  2. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

I have read this 3 times to build a sense of what is going on. And to be honest to me it seems that you are a fall back safety net for when his other relationships are not working. I could be very wrong with my guess . But that is what if feels like to me. I have witnessed another "couple" in that I would say is in the same position. He always came back to her. But never stayed with her for more then a few months. Finally she cut the relationship string in half. And made it clear that they can be friends. But that is as far as she will allow it to go. That is how I basically came to my answer for your post.

3. bry75

bry75 Members

I totally agree

Joe90 and NoOneKnows like this.
  4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

That sounds like the perfect solution to me.
    Jane and I both have friends going back decades and needless to say they have come to us when they were having problems. That is what friends are for, not jumping into bed between relationships.

5. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

He'll always choose another over you when it comes to the important stuff in life. He keeps you for an occasional fuck buddy.

If you're confused, it's probably because you want to be confused.

6. Joe90

Joe90 Members

I agree with nudistguyny hole hartedly. It's not ease but you are a free spirit, do what's right for you. You have one life live it. I hope this doesn't offende you in any way.