Conformity for career?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by flyboy5506, Apr 8, 2007.

1. flyboy5506

flyboy5506 Member

[font=&quot]So here is my situation. I addend a flight academy in the Phoenix area and I will soon be employed as a flight instructor there. I would like to make political statements and stuff but I tend to think it would be a bad idea. For example, I would like to wear a black armband on the Kent State anniversary, but probably wont. We wear uniforms and the academy has a uniform policy. Also I don’t want to get a reputation in the airline industry for being that crazy liberal as it might hurt my job prospects. I am in constant conflict about how far I should go with bumper stickers on my car. Do any of you face a similar dilemma? [/font]

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

It's just the way of the real world. You wanna hold a steady job, you have to conform to something. It sucks, but my entire life has been a long story of society bringing me and my crazy sense of style and humor down.

3. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

interesting career, i love flying in planes. especially cesnas. and somtimes i like to jump out every once in a while. I have a friend thats a pilot. it looks too difficult to me lol

4. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

I've found that it's best to stay away from politics and religion in the work place.
    Basically, you have to work with these people, you aren't going to influence their beliefs in the first place (no one is going to go "OH look at that armband! i sure hate the conservative christians now!"), but rather you're just going to create conflict...
    so...
    dont'.