Confest anyone?

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by NatureDude, Oct 1, 2019.

1. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

OK I'm from Melbourne Australia and I'm wanting to ask what is your take on confest? I have been thinking about going to confest for quite some time now but the difficulty of getting there has held me back. Is it good or bad, has things changed over the years?

2. brack1936

brack1936 Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh do it. I don't know whether there were rumours of it being bad but I loved it. I haven't been for several years due to an "interesting" period in my life but I am very keen to get to one of the next ones as I need the break. Some may say that the years where I attended Confest were the "interesting" years for me but that's coz I'm from WA and many see living on the road and driving thousands of kilometres each year for leisure as a bit peculiar. I've been doing some important things though and I'm now almost free to do what I please again.

The only issue that I am aware of is that they wanted to change the dates of the festival due to it being stinking hot over summer confest. It looks like that has happened and it is now running over Easter. I remember the last few festivals I attended where it was stinking hot one year and the year before the river flooded. So, it's cool. Always something different.