Condoms, any substitutes

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Eskimo, May 16, 2004.

  1. SkeeterVT

    SkeeterVT Member

    Messages:
    585
    Likes Received:
    7
    You CAN'T be serious. The only 100 percent effective alternative to condoms for the prevention of unwanted pregnancy and the spread of disease is abstinance.


    So the choice is yours: Either swallow your macho pride and get used to using condoms -- or, if abstinance isn't a viable alternative for you, limit your sexual activity to masturbation. There are NO OTHER OPTIONS.

    "No glove, no love!"


    -- Skeeter
     
  2. DuskBreeze

    DuskBreeze bye bye !

    Messages:
    855
    Likes Received:
    0
    The pill is free isn't it? And its only 98% effective if taken correctly. The other 2% of the time it just doesn't work, all by itself. There are only a few days a month a woman can actually get pregnant. Isn't there some way you can actually work that out (for free - obviously there are machines and testing thingys you can buy that will do that too)?
     
  3. purple grass

    purple grass Member

    Messages:
    223
    Likes Received:
    1
    free substitues?
    just don't have sex.
    that's free, and the only 100% effective way of not getting pregnant or STD's.
     
  4. Wonder Girl

    Wonder Girl rhapsody in pink

    Messages:
    2,313
    Likes Received:
    0
    There is the no sex option...but if you want to have sex,you need to atleast use a condom. That's your only hope of being protected against STD's.
    Where I live,in the US....condoms,the pill,the shot,and most other types of birth control are all free. You can give a donation if you like,but you don't have to. It's worth your time,to go get some protection. For your own safety and for your partner's safety.
     
  5. FlyingBurritoBro

    FlyingBurritoBro Sing Me Back Home

    Messages:
    1,800
    Likes Received:
    5
    what's that?
     
  6. AT98BooBoo

    AT98BooBoo Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,623
    Likes Received:
    2
    Try Microsheer Polyurethane condoms. They're stronger than latex condoms and they feel 10X better. They are slightly more expensive than latex but the extra money is worth it. Shelling out a few $'s for a condom is a whole lot cheaper than raising a child or treating a disease.
     
  7. fountains of nay

    fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

    Messages:
    6,217
    Likes Received:
    2
    yep, you get like 60 everytime you go!
     
  8. WishIWasAHippie

    WishIWasAHippie Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,221
    Likes Received:
    1
    Everyone that has ever told me they went on birthcontrol always stopped cause they said they became, "Chubby and bitchy" haha...I don't know if it was the birth control that made them bitchy or they just became bitchy cause they were gaining weight haha...oh well...I thought that stuff was expensive anyway?

    Well...just swallow your pride and buy a condom...and if you think it's awkward to put on a condom (IE I've heard some people say, "It ruins the moment") well then you shouldn't be having sex with that person if you don't have a sense of humor about it haha
     
  9. hiro

    hiro pursue it

    Messages:
    10,424
    Likes Received:
    5
    The best one said yet. Planned parenthood doesn't give stuff away for free either.
     
  10. SkeeterVT

    SkeeterVT Member

    Messages:
    585
    Likes Received:
    7
    Not only are polyurethane condoms -- which are much stronger than latex condoms -- more expensive, they're also not as readily available as latex condoms. Here in Vermont, where I live, polyurethane condoms are hard to come by. Even more difficult to find are the Monistat condoms for women.

    I strongly suspect that political pressure by the Christian Right has a LOT to do with this.

    -- Skeeter
     

Share This Page


  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice