Condom suggestions?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by Guitarguy14, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Guitarguy14

Guitarguy14 Members

Hello all!

I am curious if anyone has found co doms that really feel like skin on skin? I have tried so many and the closest I have found are lambskin but even with these I typically can't maintain an erection since I can't feel much and never have an orgasm. I was told to look at Okimoto? I forget the brand, but I read a review that it was the closest to the skin on skin. It's Ben frustrating for me and my girlfriend. I am looking into a vasectomy next month, so hopefully that will be the end of that. U till then, maybe I can find a condom that works. Thanks so much!

2. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I looked up "Okimoto" because that seemed a bit familiar to me. It's "Okamoto" actually, and just as I thought, I've read about these before. They make really thin condoms, and I think they have a pretty high reputation for their products. So I think you should definitely try their thin ones before making some permanent changes to your body.

All the best,

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  3. Guitarguy14

Guitarguy14 Members

Okamoto. Sorry. :)

4. Guitarguy14

Guitarguy14 Members

Unfortunately my girlfriend can't use birth control pills. We are worried about a udi due to side effects. She is 49 and yet to go thru menopause. I know the risk is slim at out age but still it's a risk. I was with a woman who was 52 and perimenopause so we didn't worry and my last girlfriend was 48 but had so many problems when young trying to conceive, she wasn't worried.

Both of us want the intimacy of skin to skin and it avoids problems. I may try these but their large size looks a bit small.

I have a local urologist who is supposed to be sort of a pioneer in the Philly area and the method he uses is a no cut vasectomy.

5. Oldiebutgoodie

Oldiebutgoodie Members

Has she been seen by a GYN that said she is not ovulating (releasing eggs)? Some women bleed a bit periodically along about this time but are not ovulating. I am assuming you mean intrauterine-device (IUD). If she is still ovulating it might be worth checking out. I know nothing about IUDs for older women. They have them that do not secrete hormones. Only GYN stuff I am familiar with except in passing is those ran into in the ER.

Bigger risk in getting pregnant at that age is with birth defects.

Barry Thrift likes this.
  6. Guitarguy14

Guitarguy14 Members

Yes, sorry IUD.

I don't know about the ovulating. I can ask her.

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't know about it being like "skin on skin". That seems really secondary to me... ("skin on skin" being less important than preventing contraction of HIV), but anyway I always tell folks about the condoms at .99 Cents Only stores. You get 12 for a dollar; which is almost better than "skin on skin"! :D

EDIT: Just realized you're in a steady relationship and probably don't have to worry about AIDS!

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

9. Guitarguy14

Guitarguy14 Members

Exacrly, I don't have to worry about HIV or anything. She is 49, as am I and we both were in long marriages. We were also fully tested, just to be safe.
    She won't even let me wear a condom at this point because she knows how bad the experience is for both of us. She is talking to her doctor about the possibility of her not ovulating. I have a vasectomy consult in January so hopefully this will all be behind us?

Thanks for the input!

10. Guitarguy14

Guitarguy14 Members

I also really have no experince with condoms. When I was married, my wife was on birth control pills.
    I wish they made a birth control pill for men.

11. Tarp

Tarp Member

We dislike condoms as well. For a few years in our ~mid 40s, we used a Fem Cap, without the recommended spermicide. But that's not all. We employed several birth control methods depending on the time of month.

We used an on-line calculator to see when she was most fertile and least fertile. Easy and fast to check. When she was least fertile, she'd use the Fem Cap and I'd pull out and cum on her. That gave us two-way protection. When fertile, we'd avoid vaginal sex altogether and do anal instead. On rare occasions while she was menstruating, I'd cum inside her when she had the Fem Cap in.

The Fem Cap is great! It was rare that either of us could feel it.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm pretty sure they're working on it.

the way things work out, they'll probably finish it the day your lady goes through menopause.

soulcompromise likes this.
  13. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Haha and once she's in menopause there may be a lot of "not today" kinda days.

14. Oldiebutgoodie

Oldiebutgoodie Members

Sometimes life can be challenging. Couples either want to get preg or are scared they will.

Approx 30 years ago my wife was going through all the procedures to get pregnant, on purpose. The whole experience was kind of dehumanizing There were three people involved. Me, my wife and her GYN. We were given instructions on when and how the best way and time to have sex. I remember him saying for me to not wear underwear, i.e. have low hangers. Cool testicles is better. When we got the go ahead to try, we could not fuck for 4 days before I made a sperm deposit. The next day, post coital we had to go to the GYN so he could do a pelvic exam to see if the swimmers were active and searching. Sperm and egg actually meet up in the Fallopian tubes or tube. Once that happens, hormones from the Ova (Ovum) usually shut down any other meetings of sperm and egg.

All this was embarrassing to me. Not at all like having a romantic encounter. Our son will be 31 in March. Glad the procreation phase of our life is over.

I forgot to mention the doc wanted a sperm sample before we got started trying. Not brought into his office inside a condom. He supplied sexy magazines and a tube to jack off into to get the sample. I hated this. Felt like a farm animal.

15. starfield03

starfield03 Members

Go buy a bunch of different brands and experiment with what you like. Some brands really work for me and others aren't great. It's kinda like buying shoes.

16. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

With his last appearance back in January, I would say his work is done here, would say he has had the chop, and is now a happy chappy.

17. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

My Late mother could not get pregnant and out of the blue she conceived me a few weeks before her 49th birthday. It is not uncommon in the months prior to the menopause

18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Have you ever tried the PTFE ones, people either love or hate them. We have Durex Avanti in the UK. They were developed for people with latex allergy, but other people still preferred them despite the price.
    Most people who want maximum feeling use Durex Featherlight.

The history of condoms is quite interesting. People used sheep intestines long before they were commercially made. The really funny one was people using cycle inner tube when condoms were not available during WW2. They melted the end up with a lighter and their were endless jokes about people doing it when they were wearing them.