concerta versus ritalin

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by east lilly, Aug 13, 2013.

1. east lilly

east lilly Guest

Hello, I'm hoping being a newbie doesn't keep me from getting information. I'm a middle age lady who has been put on CONCERTA. I've always taken Ritalin and crushed it. I haven't had any luck crushing the Concerta. Is there a way to make it easier to swallow, without messing up the effects?

2. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Welcome to the forum . It might be best to discuss this with your doc.

3. east lilly

east lilly Guest

I've discussed it with him, and was told not to try it. I just thought there might be a way to separate the time control part.

4. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Pretty much the whole point of concerta is that it's harder to crush them for snorting.
    There's a way to do it, but it's an effort. Peel the outer, cut out the filler and yadda, yadda.

5. east lilly

east lilly Guest

Thank you for the info, at least I know someone is alive out here. I know I'm new and probably in the wrong forum, but I don't know where else to go yet.:confused:

6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Concerta is time released methylphenidate, it's not meant to be crushed as that would defeat the time release purpose. I assume you're using this for recreational use?