Computers and the Internet - This Shit Gets Worse Every Year!!

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by relaxxx, Mar 6, 2020.

1. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

newbie-one likes this.
  2. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned

If internet wanted to replace TV in some way, it's not doing a great enuff job :)

3. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

;)

Mzzls

Death likes this.
  4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

So I've been seeing a lot of Russian vlogger video suggestions on youtube lately. Like fucking 3 this morning. It doesn't matter if they are against the war or innocently talking about their damn groceries. I guarantee they all got patreon pages and begging for support...

Sending money to a Russian vlogger is STILL SENDING MONEY TO FUCKING RUSSIA!!!

Don't support these fucking cry babies. Don't watch their videos, don't send them money or ad revenue. It should be fucking illegal. We've been fucking waiting over 3 months now for some Russian to do the right thing. God fucking damn it, I don't give a fuck what's left in their stores.

FUCK!!!

5. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Just a little bump for my rant thread. My favorite ebay seller for cheap second hand pooter shit has changed their shipping service to fuck-me fedex. So I guess I'll never see this order! 4 days and not a single update from the original 'label created' message. When they used UPS I had my shit in hand within 3 days for fuck sakes! And someone want to tell me how ebay fucking Canada charges PST on top of shipping charges? I think I already complained about this but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK this is some BULL SHIT!

6. Bazz888

Bazz888 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Funny that you get annoyed with clear charges and pricing which you can choose whether to pay.
    'Everyone' thinks justeat/deliveroo is great until they discover the hidden charges of 35% as well as the delivery fees. OTAs are similarly hiding their rates in the price which they take off the business.

7. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

I wish somebody would create a computer that never needs to be updated.

Toker likes this.
  8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Perpetual calendar, circa 1950s

[​IMG]

9. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

So I never buy new electronics, I usually stay 3-5 years behind the latest crap. I'm starting to stumble into the more secure Androids and Windows 11 devices now. What's burned my ass a couple times now is a Google Android feature called FRP - Factory Reset Protection. This is supposed to help prevent theft. Because we all know that when a thief can't log into your phone, they will return it and say sorry... Right? What a load of bullshit!

This so called protection, first of all is a lie, because you can access the safe mode and preform a reset. The problem is after the reset, the setup still asks for the previous Google account sign in. I've got a tablet and a phone from a thrift store that are useless bricks because of this. There are 3 or 4 different methods to unlock with tutorials but every time fails at some step. Every time I eventually get to a screen that looks different from the tutorial or a button or action does not show up and that's the end of it.

If Google really gave a fuck about user protection they could let someone actually log in but send an email to the previous account with the new users information and even their address. Or something like that, anything more useful than turning these devices into God damn e-waste!

10. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

FY YT..........................they blocked, adblocker :mad:

Ill find a way(add free)...........happy weekend :D

Mzzls

11. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Youtube anti-ad-blocking has stepped up another notch. Now getting "Video player will be blocked after 3 videos" warning.

But, I'm only seeing this on Chrome browser. I also use Firefox and have not seen this message yet on that.

So my warning to Google, Fuck you and your Chrome browser, if you want to be dropped like a rock, keep it up.

Echtwelniet likes this.
  12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I've been using Firefox since it was Netscape Navigator, (before AOL).

upload_2023-10-31_8-43-40.jpeg

~Zen~, Toker and relaxxx like this.
  13. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Way back when I was working IT support for a hosting company, Netscape Navigator was a must have. That was 14 years ago and nobody was using Netscape that I knew of but us. It was the only browser that could load up online website builders that our customers broke with bad code.

~Zen~, Toker and MeAgain like this.
  14. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

MeAgain likes this.
  15. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

I use duck duck go(bought by Google)

Switched from add blocker too ublocker. And there are more solutions..............atm. I will find a way.:D

But YT(google) is just testing the grounds........see how much people will buy "premium"............from what i have read/heard.Imo if they really want to block all browsers/addblockers.............they can.

I do try some alternatives to YT..........free..........odysee, rumble,ect...............sigh.

Mzzls

kinulpture and Toker like this.
  16. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Im trying to get local tv on my phone. On google play store are a slew of tricky apps. I also want my phone as a walkie talkie. As sometiimes i wanna escape.

17. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Id like that

18. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Echtwelniet likes this.
  19. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Opera mini browser was good dunno if still is.

Echtwelniet likes this.
  20. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Youtube warning started showing on Firefox a couple days ago. I paused adblock and turned it back on last night and I haven't got a warning again.

I also noticed NewPipe on my Chromebook stopped working, no update. Maybe there's a new replacement app, I can't be bothered to search and test and fuck around with shit right now. These damn streaming apps that only work for so long...

Youtube shadow banned my comment for the word 'twat'. They're running the most sensitive, triggered, political correctness AI filter **** bots on the planet. Oh but if you're a crazy fucking terrorist supporter or conspiracy-tard, post your stupid brains out for days, no bans on trolling nut cases apparently.

OMG, you censored the C word on me. I forget this place is also turning in PC cuck land.