Computers and the Internet - This Shit Gets Worse Every Year!!

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by relaxxx, Mar 6, 2020.

1. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I remember there was Youtube DL for linux machines a few years back. Not sure if that's still an option or not.

2. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I'm going to rant about ebay now. Like everything else, this piece of shit crooked ass company has been getting worse every damn year.

Sort by lowest price - Good fucking luck with that! Ever since multi item listings this option has been fucked. Crooked ass sellers just add some stupid token adapter or lanyard to their listing for 99 cents to get their listing on the top of the price list. Half the time the actual item that your looking up isn't even in stock in the selection box. Ebay could easily stop this abuse simply by sorting by the highest price item in the multi listing. They could also not allow listings to be active when the item in the damn title is not available in the selection box. All of this bullshit means that you often need to sort through pages of listings to find the real cheapest available item of interest.

Fake scam counterfeit Chinese bullshit - On top of the broken sort by price option, try to find the cheapest REAL item. USB flash drive or SD cards for instance. If it's a weird Chinese brand, forget it, it's fake! Even if it's a name brand, make sure it's not a counterfeit silkscreen. If you get one, make sure to test the full advertised capacity. Many 128GB drives will fail after 30GB of files are copied, all files after that will be corrupted. Also speeds won't be as advertised, same as USB hubs that say 2.0 or 3.0 speeds will actually be super slow USB 1.0 speed.

Fake scam listings - If it looks too good to be true, it is. Many Chinese listings are completely fake scams designed to take money with no intention of shipping anything. You will get no tracking or fake tracking with delivery dates exceeding 60 business days. They are hoping you just forget or take to long to open a resolution case. Others will send you a small tracked package with some garbage like stickers or a plastic key ring instead of your item. That way they can prove you received something. Apparently they've also been sending mystery seeds to people and causing some alarm.

Return Requests - As soon as you file a return, ebay does something very shady... they delete the purchase from your history listings! This removes the option to leave feedback. You then have to search for the return info in your messages. I guess they hope you just lose track and forget. So before you ever file a return, LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FIRST! This also gives you leverage with the seller to make things right and they can send you a feedback retraction form. These sellers will always try two things on you: first they'll try and make you feel bad, "your hurting my business". Well how about not selling scam shit asshole!? Don't phrase it like that though. Second thing they always try and get you to accept a replacement instead of refund. Don't fall for it, you won't receive anything. They just want you to run out of time to take any more action.

3. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

Simba = morTy

4. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Where I live E-bay is a lifeline. When you buy off E-bay it is buyer beware just like it is at a bricks & mortar shop. At least two boot manufacturers in Australia provide warranties only if bought from a bricks & mortar shop, none if bought online.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  5. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Some years ago I needed a new battery for my Nokia 6120. By this time it was getting a bit of an old model. I spent a good hour trying various shops at a large shopping centre in Mebourne. No shop had it in stock. When I got home, after five minutes on I had one ordered and it arrived about 10 days later.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  6. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Another fucking thing that pisses me off about ebay just happened to me. Some fucking items charge tax without telling you anywhere. Nowhere in description, nowhere in checkout, only after I select my paypal option... BOOM they just fuck me over with the tax, and in this damn province it's 15 fuck me up the ass percent! RAPE! MOTHERFUCKING RAPE!!

Joshua Van likes this.
  7. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Inshallah.

9. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Some of you might have noticed that youtube is trying to stuff an ad up your ass every 3 minutes now on some videos.

I noticed this with Adblock Plus but not another...

This is the one you want on your fucking browser, from getadblock.com AdBlock

when you google adblock, it is the 4th result. The top result, adblock plus, does not work so great now. It gives me white screen 'Ad skip' nags, or whatever.

Youtube is just ridiculously fucked up to watch without an adblock now.

Joshua Van likes this.
  11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

And yet, here you are.

12. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

^ Oh good boy, good for you. You're so smart, have a biscuit.

13. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Google tracking and data mining are far worse than you probably realize:

14. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I love how YouTube comment section is so PC and responsible that they automatically delete dangerous and offensive comments.

Here's a comment I posted that was instantly deleted:

Lets see... what is this, South Carolina? So only 44% of the population is fully vaccinated and they think it's a good idea to have a mask optional convention with 95% maskless people breathing all over each other!? Great job, MASSIVELY IRRESPONSIBLE, great job.

Great job Youtube, protecting the feelings of careless dangerous anti vaxxers, maskers, and covid deniers.

This was the video, regarding the convention section 15 minutes in:

Joshua Van likes this.
  15. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Another comment instantly deleted by Youtube PC AI:

But hey, we're helping a handful of Chinese people get filthy rich off crypto mining. So that's good, right?

16. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Another peeve I have about youtube; The homepage populate with suggestions, and sometimes I click on a video just as I notice another video I want. But when I hit the back button the page is loaded with different video thumbnails and I can't find the video. I usually right click and open videos in new tab now.

Windows 10 is still smart as ever...

YOU HAVE AN IMPORTANT
    POP UP NOTIFICATION FROM

WINDOWS SECURITY

no threats have been detected.

17. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

Welcome to current interwebz................i dont like it but..........*sigh*

Adept.........is my best guess:D

Mzzls