Compouter and Internet in daily life

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by niraj kumar chaudhary, Sep 3, 2013.

1. niraj kumar chaudhary

niraj kumar chaudhary Guest

Computer and Internet is very useful in our daily life. we use computer to make our life easy and comfort. internet is becoming most essential part of life. we perform our most of the activities in the computer, we communicate with the use of internet, we search for new thing in the internet.....the benefits of computer and internet is almost uncountable.....

2. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Internet is a necessary evil.I'm not too impressed.I was quite happy before internet.Now I waste more time.

3. Cloud Tiger

Cloud Tiger Member

yeah I agree about not being overly impressed. If the plug got pulled on the internet, i'm not sure it would really effect me.

4. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

Only a couple of years ago I lived without an Internet connection in my house. I was without Internet at home for nearly two years.

Believe it or not, my life was perfectly fine! If I really needed to do something online, I would go to an Internet shop. I spent more time reading, being social, etc..

Then, I moved to a house where there was an Internet connection. Suddenly, I was gaming online and spending way too much time doing completely meaningless shit.. I realize that my problem was failure to moderate myself, but the Internet sure enables a lot of time wasting.

5. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

I have really bad luck with jobs and if it wasn't for the fact that my job could make wet paint drying on a wall look exciting.

I wouldn't be on here.

• The handful of people I've met from the Interent were less than what I would call quality friends. eg :I still have one lady I met online trying to borrow money from me almost 2 years later. (The answer still no!) So I guess I'm saying that the old fashioned way of meeting people still works best for me.

• As for being a resource of "great information" again I'm not overly excited. I have a set of old encylopedias that tell me more and work a lot better than hours of google searching. (Plus they don't spy on me)

• Movies, music, art, etc. Again I'm "meh" on the subject. There's really not much being produced today and if I'm not willing to pay to see it in a proper move theater then I'm not willing to waste my time downloading it. Same can be said about music, etc. There's a lot of old shops with second hand clothes, films, records, etc. These things aren't epensive and considering I'm not paying for Internet or cell phones.. I figure it's actually cheaper and I'm saving money. Plus I own something at the end of the day.
    So I can and do live without all the rubbish. In fact it's kind of nice because my life is much simpler than most people's. I look at some people and none of these gadgets seem to make them happy. In fact it looks to me like many times they're just a big source of stress in their lives.

6. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I absolutely would not want to live without the internet.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The internet is a tool and like any tool its only personal value derives from the use you put it to.

You can use it for senseless games and gossip, you can use it as a resource for the gathering or dispersion of information, you can use it as a means of learning or teaching.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

perfect answer :2thumbsup:
    /thread

9. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

I read some where that DeWalt sells more nail guns to people using it as a toy than they do to craftsmen using it as a tool. Therefore I imagine that hanging drywall would be hard to do when those around you are having a nail gun war.

Sure the Internet is a tool but only when it's used as a tool and only when it's used in the presence of those who are NOT clowns.

10. Cavlin

Cavlin Banned

We can earn lots of money from our own talent..