Complicated

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Kendra in NC, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Kendra in NC

Kendra in NC Members

I need a little advice and I hope this doesn’t sound weird, please don’t judge me. Long story short I have had a crush on a friends dad for some time now and have never said anything to anyone about it. Before I go further with this am I crazy for even considering telling him? Should I drop it and forget it?

Witoutit, Sambone and jmadre like this.
  2. Micheal9

Micheal9 Members

Doesn’t sound crazy to me

3. Kendra in NC

Kendra in NC Members

No? You’re not just saying that are you?

4. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

Is dad still married to your friends mom ?

What are you looking to get from telling him your feelings ?

5. Kendra in NC

Kendra in NC Members

No they are divorced. And I am not sure, in some crazy way to find out if he is into me or even finds me attractive at least. I’m not sure to be honest

6. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

Divorced is good,

Do you have anything in common, similar interests, is a easy way to find ways to be around him with out your friend being around making it awkward, while your flirting

Speaking of your friend what will it do to that friendship if your sleeping with dad ?

7. Kendra in NC

Kendra in NC Members

He used to coach me in softball growing up and we’re both pretty active.

I am not sure and I am worried about that too.

8. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

I think of a crush as just sexually attracted, what are you really looking for ?

Just a fling or love ?

@Kendra in NC

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  9. Kendra in NC

Kendra in NC Members

I like to think I’m realistic in that a relationship would not work for either of us. So definitely something physical, and I realize how awful that sounds just typing it

Sambone likes this.
  10. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

It’s not awful, everyone needs someone, being he was your coach he knows you.

Does he still look at you like a young girl or as a woman.

11. Kendra in NC

Kendra in NC Members

That I don’t know

12. Micheal9

Micheal9 Members

I use to have a thing for my friends mom, so I can understand where you’re coming from.

Kendra in NC likes this.
  13. Micheal9

Micheal9 Members

I think a lot of us have thought about being with someone older. We like how that person has treated us and then we end up feeling more or seeing that person differently.

Sexwise likes this.
  14. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I would not tell him at this point. Maybe find a way to cross paths and see if he'd like to have lunch to catch up.

Keep in mind how something like this might affect your friendship.

If all you want is something physical there are lots of other guys who'd probably be willing to provide that. Anything with them would not have the possible ramifications something with your friend's dad would.

Kendra in NC likes this.
  15. Tman58

Tman58 Senior Member

Good advice right there! Better not to mess with a good friendship.

Kendra in NC likes this.
  16. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Better to say something then never. It'll destroy you if you hold it in. Keep it mind that it may or may not destroy your relationship with him and your friend.

jmadre likes this.
  17. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bad idea. Don’t mess with your friend’s dad. There will be more drama than you can handle- not worth it!

nudistguyny and Calibabe39 like this.
  18. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

You did not say your age. So I am guessing that you are in your teens. And that your friend is around the same age as you. With that in mind I would say that there is at least roughly a 20 year age difference between the two of you. ( the father and yourself ) . It is common for teens to have crushes on older males or females. What he may consider harmless, innocent comments etc. May be seen as "interest in me" . So my suggestion is not to follow through with any relationship ideas. There is a whole box full of problems that could happen if you do. As a adult he should reject the idea. There are possible legal issues with the age factors between the two of you. Plus the emotional issues that could accrue.
    It would be better to wait till your 18 or 19 and considered a legal adult to even consider such a risky chance.

19. It's definitely not crazy. In fact it's quite natural. As far as letting him know, does he feel the same for you, or has he shown signs of his attraction to you? Is he married or divorced? If he's married it opens a can of worms neither of you can use. If he's available I say tell him how you feel and see where it goes. Remember age is just a number.