Communities in Yachats, Oregon area ?

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by moominmamma, Jun 1, 2004.

1. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

I am trying to help a friend(with very little money......but lots of talent and ability) to move back to America. She would like to connect with other old hippies(she is forty seven) in the area of Yachats, and would be especially interested in any news of work and accomodation(preferably together),
    such as nannying or housekeeping. This is a very talented lady,who has worked as an artist,writer,musician,gardener and mother! She is very spiritually minded and would love to do any work involving working on the land. She misses home and is eager to return as soon as possible. Does anyone know of any communities that offer accomodation in exchange for work? Can any of you help?

love

Moominmamma:)

2. Midget

Midget Senior Member

I wonder where Yachats...never heard of it.

3. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Bear with me on this, as my friend who I posted this with isn't round mine this morning, and I have never been to the States so my geography is a bit basic.

Yacahts must be coastal cos my friend says she misses the coast terribley, and someone else has told me its near Florence ,means nothing to me, but perhaps will help you locate it.

I was just the typist for my friend last night as she doesn't have a computer! Thanks for your interest Midge,

Moominmamma

4. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

i know that place , and yes it is a seaside village . i suggest it most
    hippily spiritual to just go .... maybe in the autumn . because then , the
    tourists have gone and the people who live there will know she is truly there to be with them . small town , word gets around .

5. mikey

mikey Member

6. Midget

Midget Senior Member

OK...I know where Yachatts is...kinda. :D Alpha Farm looks kewl...I'll check out the website a little more later. :D

7. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Thanks for the input, Mikey I have read the Alpha farm link now, and yes it looks like the kind of thing she is looking for, thanks.

Midget sounds like you may be on a similar search if you find anything will you let us know?

8. Midget

Midget Senior Member

I still have one more year of HS, but when I graduate, I'm really thinking of giving the commune living a try. :D Sounds really cool.